Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Death's Ivy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's freaky!
    But, I would suggest next year, staying up all night and watching the ivy :P
    What IS that thing that, as seedjar pointed out, looks like scream?
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...row-Trade-List
    Collection: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Deadly-Plantsn
    Quote Originally Posted by lizasaur
    Minor x Purp I actually have. Well,technically it's Minor Okee x Psitt Green.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by massmorels View Post
    Indeed.. we had some really heavy winds that night.
    And quite cold, as well, to yellow the still-green low-lying leaves in the background. I'm just a little dubious - as a fellow skeptic, you can appreciate, right? Even if these are back-to-back pics, it could merely be the result of the windstorm. I'll be curious to hear what happens next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by awgaupp View Post
    What IS that thing that, as seedjar pointed out, looks like scream?
    My money is on the specter of Michael Jackson.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll do it again next year with a time stamp on the pics. I understand being skeptical. I had to see it to believe it. But trust me, I could care less about creating this thread wrapped in a lie. I saw it, photographed it, and shared it. Look forward to a follow up next year. Oh, and we got our first frost on Monday. So how would we explain the death of the ivy every holloween evey year? I totally believe in the spiritual side of it. I'm an avid Ghost Adventures watcher, I love this stuff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alas,
    a real mystery for some here it seems....
    but as was so perceptively pointed out already,
    what mysterious spiritual force made all the leaves fall from the trees at the exact same time

Ghostly forces or frost and cold temps?
    Indeed the forces behind the dropping of leaves in fall is in question here! Ohhh, big mystery here!
    Better be careful! Remember, Santa Claus is watching too!

Amazing!

Me thinks someone killed off a few too many gray cells with ethanol or other substances perhaps!

Oh yea, I have used Round-up vegetation killer to kill off weeds and vines over-night too. Problem is that they are very hardy, so the weeds/vines keep coming back!
    Might want to bring some with next year to add even more realism!
    Boooo!!!
    Last edited by GrowinOld; 11-03-2010 at 10:51 PM.
    Experience is the best teacher. At least it used to be.
    But then, common sense isn't so common anymore, is it.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113866

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

METHINKS SOME PEOPLE SHOULD BE PUT ON A ROCKETSHIP AND SENT TO THE SUN FOR IMPLYING SUCH THINGS ABOUT THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN PARANORMAL STUFFS.

AND. SANTA CLAUS IS WATCHING! WHO ELSE PUTS THOSE PRESENTS UNDER THE TREE?!

The real myth here is Round-Up working to any extent ;P
    Last edited by lizasaur; 11-03-2010 at 11:16 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now.. considering my grandparents passed this story down to us from when they were kids, I highly doubt it's just coincedence, frost, or some stupid chemical that makes the ivy die back every Holloween night. To the day..? Come on.. I don't beleive anything just happens.
    Last edited by Colieo; 11-04-2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Language

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ethanol is plain old grain alcohol, not the non-ingestible kind. I realize you two have your differences, and I won't condone a low blow, but I think you might be taking that comment out of proportion. (Even if he was trying to get under your skin, you'd be best served just to shrug it off.) Jabs aside, the criticism of your story as told is pretty much spot on with what many of us are wondering.
    It doesn't help your position to get bellicose and defensive.
    You say your grandparents passed this story down, but that's not evidence; it's heresy. There are countless examples of total BS stories handed down for generations. Do you really believe the Anasazi tribe was founded by a magical anthropomorphic spider? Or that the earth's spin reversed during brief cataclysms as some biblical stories claim? Or that giant, flying feathered serpents issued holy decrees to the Aztecs? All are traditional tales long conveyed through oral traditions. As far as I can tell, this is the first time you've documented leaves falling on Halloween, which invites speculation that this is purely coincidence and you just happened to pick a year to investigate when a storm came through at the right time to make it happen. I would be much more intrigued if the leaves fell only from the headstone, and not from any surrounding vegetation. As it stands there are a multitude of mundane circumstances to explain what you've observed. Occam's Razor...
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe in fairy tales, myths, or anything along those lines. But I do believe in my grandfather.. even more so now that he's gone. We were really close, and I don't think this is something he'd fill my head with for kicks and giggles. I feel its something peculiar, unexplainable to him, and therefore it's been passed on as something special between grandfather and grandson. Moonshine was never passed around during the campfire stories.. so spare me the technicalities on it's chemical base. I just don't care, and I feel my self defense was justified. Nothing against you, but I wouldn't stick up for him if I were you.

MODS ~ please close my thread. We can start a new one next October. Bet your butt.. I'm just as curious as the rest of you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast