What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheesy riddle

Lil Stinkpot

Lucky Greenhorn
I'm bored. :jester:

What kind of hard water gets a TDS reading of zero?

one that has overloaded your meter?

Nope, nope, nope, close, but way far off. :-D

I was going to say ice as well. Appears it's not correct though.

Water with a suspension of undissolved clay in it?

Wait a minute. Liz, I swear your reply wasn't there, or was something different. I must have been TIRED last night.

Ice is hard water, yes.

But just for fun, I just thought of another, REAL, non-fictional form of hard water. Get Googling!

If you do a belly flop with enough force into a pool of pure water, then that water will seem quite hard... Or if the battery in your TDS meter dies, you will get "zero reading" with any kind of water.

Yep. They use water jets to cut steel.

:mwahaha:

Man, I can't believe I missed the progress- I was so eager to know if I was right! And when you said no I was like :-( WHAT?

But then you're like "owait." and I was like :-D

It's been there, and was never edited ;)

If you do a belly flop with enough force into a pool of pure water, then that water will seem quite hard...

They say if you jump off a big bridge like the Washinton Ave. bridge downtown (where people always kill themselves) hitting the water that far down is just like landing on concrete.

exept you don't leave a bloodstain :p

I was walking to a record shop downtown and there is a "jumpers plaque" on one street corner where some guy splatted. It's the shape of a flattened out person on the sidewalk and is cast in bronze or something with some words on it. I assume he was someone famous cos people jump all over the city. The bridge just seems most popular.

One day my dad was opening his balcony curtains and saw someone drop past who had jumped from the 18th floor (5 floors above his). He got to watch the whole scene clean up from 13 floors up with his new binoculars! LOL

Ice is hard water, yes.

riddler.jpg

Holy frozen water, Batman! i<3carnivores solved the riddle in just under half an hour. Be sure to tune in soon — possibly the same Bat-time, possibly the same Bat-channel for another devious conundrum from Terraforums' own personal Riddler, Lil Stinkpot!

(The hard part is thinking up another carnivorous plant riddle. If anyone can think of one, please share it here. I like cheesy riddles.)

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Okay, I just thought of another ch-easy riddle that rhymes:

Riddle me this, riddle me that,
Why are Cape Sundews much like a cat?

Hmmmm! Perhaps, like a cat, the 'dew is always where you don't want it?

They both like catching flies (true for all CP's).
Both like basking in the sun.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

I just thought of a really cheesy CP riddle. I know we haven't solved Raccoon City's riddle, but there's no law against having two!

Why are a pygmy sundew and a mattress alike?

Why are a pygmy sundew and a mattress alike?

If you have either one, you'll end up with too much reproduction?

Riddle me this, riddle me that,
Why are Cape Sundews much like a cat?

You can leave them alone and let them fend for themselves?

Here's one to make you gag... what do Nepenthes and good mechanics have in common?

Last edited:
Hmmmm! Perhaps, like a cat, the 'dew is always where you don't want it?

They both like catching flies (true for all CP's).
Both like basking in the sun.

I like those answers a lot, but I am thinking of something else. I'll give you a clue: There is a common expression for cats that is similar to a not-so-common expression for Cape Sundews.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

You can leave them alone and let them fend for themselves?

Nepfreak is very close to what I have in mind.

UPDATE: Actually Nepfreak's response is so close to the riddle's solution that I am declaring him the solver of my simple riddle. Some people call Cape Sundews bombproof, and many say that cats have 9 lives. Therefore both cats and Cape Sundews are said to be relatively easy to keep alive. Although neither are actually invincible, there is an element of truth to their exaggerated resilience.

...and then there were two unsolved riddles still out there.

Last edited:
Back