0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is very sad. It's so absurd that this plant is illegal. It's a small cactus which takes many years to grow to a not very impressive size.

We can only hope that with the cultivation in countries that have less fascist laws this species can thrive and remain in existence.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea,
    Many years ago I used to try to purchase seed for it (as an interesting cactus/plant to grow), as it was listed in a popular seed catalog. Unfortunately, they wouldn't send it to me (good ol' USA!), however it was listed... as the same catalog was being sent out to Canada and other countries too.

I remember seeing an interview a reporter did with a guy sitting in a bar in Amsterdam, with a drink and a "smoke", etc... and the interviewer said to him, "Do you realize that if you lived in the United States that you could be arrested for what you are doing here!" The guy looked at him a moment and said, "Well, why would you want to live there?"

All I thought was...Good question! Yea, land of the "free", home of the gullible! (Have you looked lately, even what IS free... isn't free!)

Used to be that folks had common sense to guide them, not more laws!

Interesting links dvg. Makes me wish I lived further north. The cold gets to me however, as the winter season is long enough in the mid-west as it is!
    Experience is the best teacher. At least it used to be.
    But then, common sense isn't so common anymore, is it.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113866

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you consider that there are numerous other psychoactive cacti species which are all perfectly legal, it seems ridiculous to ban only this certain "famous" one. Because of the number of kids on this site I'm not going to post names of those other species (I hope nobody else does either) I was merely trying to make a point on the silliness of such a racist law.

I would imagine if peyoteros were allowed under the laws to collect and sell perhaps they could also buy land and farm it in it's known county ranges. The man in the article has a flowerbed but if he setup some 5 to 10 acre densely planted fields and harvested in rotation they might not have to worry so much. It is a cactus afterall, plant it and forget it, no need to irrigate heavily, etc... Indeed it grows very slowly (IIRC reading 10 years to flowering size) but it would at least establish a sort of "reservation" for the species in their natural ranges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the list of psychoactive plants is shocking to someone that has no clue......granted psychoactive does not necessarily mean a pleasant experience....some are dang scary and have a toxicity level way close to the effective dose....

off the top of my head i can think of 2 cacti other than peyote that are native to the US and psychoactive, one would surprise most......not to mention the species not native to the US that are easily found even at stores like Home Depot.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes yes, the loop holes in the legality of psychoactive plants in the U.S. are blatant and many. So many ways to get around the laws or to make folly of them altogether...
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For any of you out there that like the look of Lophophora and would like to grow some...you can legally.

Mesa Garden sells a few varieties of various Lophophora species. These are legal to grow in the USA.

Granted, they are not L. williamsii, but they look very similar.

http://www.mesagarden.com/re2010.html

I have ordered many times from Steven and Linda Brack @ Mesa Garden and their cacti and succulent seeds are very fresh and true in my humble opinion.

It's best to get your orders in before the New Year though, because with their new seed list coming out then, they can get very backed up with new orders.

dvg

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler View Post
    the list of psychoactive plants is shocking to someone that has no clue......granted psychoactive does not necessarily mean a pleasant experience....some are dang scary and have a toxicity level way close to the effective dose....

off the top of my head i can think of 2 cacti other than peyote that are native to the US and psychoactive, one would surprise most......not to mention the species not native to the US that are easily found even at stores like Home Depot.....
    LOL. There are a number of gardens in my old neighborhood with certain flowering shrubs and other such "decorative" plants, and the college kids steal them all the time. :P
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast