User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hard Times for Peyote Dealers

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you donít like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that the "right" to pursue happiness should include anything you want, providing it doesn't hurt other people. What gives the government the right to control your body and what you do with it? If I hurt my own body, something that L. williamsi doesn't even do, why should I be punished and then have my peers pay for my incarceration? Whether it's T. pachanoi or M. hostillis, it just doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    . Because of the number of kids on this site I'm not going to post names of those other species (I hope nobody else does either) I was merely trying to make a point on the silliness of such a racist law.
    While I see the point of not advertising the species, I don't support withholding information just because it could be used in a crime. Knowledge is free and should be available to anyone and censorship of that is terrible. Anyone who does their research could find like 3-4 psychoactive plants in their backyard, though... sometimes more.
    Last edited by Sig; 11-11-2010 at 02:22 PM.
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't support withholding information just because it could be used in a crime. Knowledge is free and should be available to anyone and censorship of that is terrible.
    I'm not withholding anything that isn't easy enough to find out, if a kid is determined he'll get on google and find out whatever they wanna know but I had hoped nobody would post any species names, making it just that much easier for them than a simple google search. I think of it this way, the more juvenile kids tape themselves using them on You Tube, doing stupid stuff and getting hurt while intoxicated on a perfectly decent houseplant in all other regards, the sooner those plants too will go the way of Salvia divinorum and others in some states which are not legal to cultivate even as ornamental plants now thanks to kids & YouTube.

This is truly the first time I've ever been accused of censorship - you ought to hear me screaming blasphemous profanities at the machines at work!

DVG, I would check the laws on the L. diffusa, L. fricii and those others, to an everyday cop they look just like L. Williamsii. Good luck arguing the ID in court since all Lophophora sp. contain mescaline if tested for such (as do many other cacti) and they certainly aren't going to send your possible peyote plant to a botanist lab for DNA testing against other known Lophophora species to see if it's really LW or LD or LF. They will simply charge you and be done with it - this is American law we're talking about here; level charges first and ask questions later if there's time just before the execution...

There is a guy on the cacti forums who is a customs officer and he says that anything fitting the Lophophora profile is confiscated and destroyed, it doesn't matter what the tag or invoice says it is. I know the good people at MG are well intentioned but as we know the law is often not so much so. It's just my opinion but I think it's a big risk to take to grow any of the Lophophora, if someone is willing to take a risk and grow them I'm not gonna say don't do it, I'd like to see pics! LOL
    Last edited by swords; 11-12-2010 at 05:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seedjar View Post
    LOL. There are a number of gardens in my old neighborhood with certain flowering shrubs and other such "decorative" plants, and the college kids steal them all the time. :P
    ~Joe
    lol yeah had this argument on another forum over the stupidity of trying to outlaw psychoactive plants......kinda scared a couple guys when i proved to them the kinda party i could throw with whats commonly grown in gardens....the vast majority of ppl have no clue the power plants hold....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to really throw them for a loop, point out that human cerebrospinal fluid is a powerful hallucinogen. Nervous systems must be outlawed!
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nervous systems must be outlawed!
    LOL yes!

DMT is the most powerful hallucinogen in the world, it's in many plants and also made in the human brain's pineal gland nightly. Responsible for dreaming as well as near death experineces, alien abduction episodes, religious/mystical experiences, etc.

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you donít like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if it seemed like I was accusing you or anything, swords, I actually wrote seperate thoughts and just put them together badly.

But yeah, many illegal compounds can be found normally in the human body... often the reason external ones work in the first place. Endorphin stands for endogenous morphine; "runner's high" is a flood of opioids to stop pain. Endocannabinioids are vital for our immune system. So let's ban spinal fluid for DMT, brains for opiods and white blood cells for THC like things! Whee!
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. Got any links on endocannabinoid studies? Last time I did reading on it they were pinning down their role in infant appetite regulation, but I hadn't heard any solid evidence on immune function. Although, all sorts of traditional medicine points that way. When I heard the Chinese used to prescribe it for asthma I LOL'd.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No biggie. I just didn't think making up a list was appropriate for this site. On an ethnogen forum where everyone claims to be 18+ I wouldn't consider it a problem. Not that 18 or even 21 means all that much (how old are the Jackazz guys, 40?) but they're at least legal to start killing themselves with cigarettes and alcohol and these substances are generally far safer than both in and of themselves - provided the user is not already dealing with heavy psychological issues. The last thing a crazy person needs is unrestrained access to psychedelics. I'm not against discussing it openly, just certain aspects to an "age appropriate audience". And don't forget kids faveorite cop-out when they get busted or wind up in the ER "so and so said..." So, I didn't say nuthin! LOL

"When confronted kids will talk - all old junkies avoid kids."
    -William S. Burroughs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast