What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jon Stewart

• Thread starter Dexenthes
  • Start date
Hahaha, Jon Stewart rocks the socks I'm not even wearing :lol:

Stewart (not even his real name) is clearly a damn communist, nazi, social elitist threatening to make all of America get gay married under the ageis of a secretly muslim black panther president... :D

Actually I love the Daily Show as well as Colbert Report - I watch them "daily" over all other news type programs. I wish their rally would have been more interesting & funny though - despite the awesome turnout almost everything else about it sucked for me. I had much higher expectations, not that they would do anything overtly political - I only want apolitical comedy out of them, but rather there was no comedy! Father Guido Sarducci was great to see ( HE'S STILL ALIVE!?) but I really hated all those bands and that Mythbusters set... They could have done a two hour live show/standup and been more entertaining than that. Enough ranting, I do love the daily episodes, they just didn't do the rally entertainment the way I was expecting.

Here's an hour long uninterrupted interview with Jon VS Rachel Maddow from MSNBC:
http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/2010/11/12/jon-stewart-on-the-rachel-maddow-show/?xrs=share_copy

She keeps trying to say "but we do the same thing..." LOL

Offtopic:
Liz, that new signature is awesome!!! :D

Jon goes to the chalkboard tonight! :D

Actually I love the Daily Show
Ditto. Jon Stewart always makes me laugh - Colbert sometimes makes me laugh - although I do love some of the stuff Colbert does - like his visit to the troops in the middle east & his 'Colbert's Army' moments...

Man I'm almost starting to feel that Colbert makes me laugh more than Stewart these days. Maybe that's because I am young though. However, Jon Stewart will always be the best.

Swords - that chalkboard experience last night was CREEPY. It was good, but the parallels he drew between what Beck was saying and what Fox has done were just absolutely spine shaking....

What a scary world we live in.

<3 Jon
<3 Colbert

i'm a fan of both, but I rarely watch TV, so I don't see it that much

I don't have TV, so I know what you mean...

That's why I've sinfully started watching them online every night.

www.thedailyshow.com

Yeah I work nights (4 pm til 4 am) so unless it's a night off I watch them online too. I like it better cos unless it's an interview I really wanna see I usually skip them. I don't draw too much distinction between Colbert and Stewart. Colbert came out of a one time O'reilly-esque sketch he did on the dailyshow and the comedy central forums lit up with people saying it was amazing and they needed to do more. I never thought they would do a whole other show but I think it's great. They both have their days of funny/not so funny but as long as they keep doing equal opportunity offense to all political factions (dems, republicans, anarchists, T party, "beckerheads" etc.) I'll keep watching.

I love when they do the beck show the other direction. All it proves is that if you are creative and try hard enough you CAN find a connection to anything you want, and conspiracy people are some of the most creative people out there! LOL I worked with a whole plastics company full of militia conspiracy guys. Before the T party & Beck there was these right wing "Militias" in the 1990s they had the same theories about everything. If you didn't see becks puppet master show last Friday it might not have made sense though. I like beck cos he's good loony entertainment, reminds me of the plastics factory job coworkers. If I'm off from work I watch the first 1/2 hour before Tosh.O comes on, never made it a full hour! LOL

Last edited:
Seriously watch Dec. 16th's Daily Show: www.thedailyshow.com

It's incredible, touching, and extremely concerning.

Is that the 9/11 responders show - whom the news channels won't touch with a 911 foot pole? I'm continually awed by some of the guests The Daily Show and Colbert are able to get compared to "real" news outlets.

Looks like the Daily Show embarrassed Fox enough to start covering it - today it's all over! LOL

Last edited:
Stewart is the ying to Beck's yang. But both just as nutty.

Get them two walking down the street and a decent parade of clowns you will have going there.

LOL.

I do like watching him on occasion however. He can be pretty funny at times.

Stewart is the ying to Beck's yang. But both just as nutty.

Get them two walking down the street and a decent parade of clowns you will have going there.

LOL.

I do like watching him on occasion however. He can be pretty funny at times.

I get what you're saying....

But Beck is really not on par with Jon in any way. He's really not even worthy of being considered his opposite.

If you watched Dec. 16th's show... you'll see, Jon is not as nutty as Beck. I'd be willing to bet that Beck never had a program that was as sincere as last night's Daily show.

The Daily Show is sarcastic news-bashing for the most part, it's not often they do any serious stuff like the other night. A fake/comedy news show should not have to be the one to shame the senate into acting on an issue like this but apparently that's what it takes. Beck always claims his theories are "deadly serious".

I got Earth the Book on CD on my birthday from my mom (I have the actual book already) it's great cos there's all the daily show voices doing bits not just Jon droning on for 3 or 4 hours like the America the Book on audio was - I fell asleep to that! LOL

Back