Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate to do this... filing a Paypal complaint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you ordered aquatics by mail? Do they return it or just destroy it? Do they notify either party to let them know what happened to their package at least?

I was planning to do an "all mail" nano-reef next year buying tiny coral frags and crawly things online to put in it cos the shops don't have as nice of aquatic critters as ebay and aquabid but dead ones don't do anyone any good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well unluckily for me they were delivered today... I must be psychic.

The bag was tied shut not sealed with a bag sealer- the way most aquatic plants arrive, so 99% of the water leaked out and soaked the box - hence they couldn't scan the tracking at all. Then there was no foam box liner or heat pack. The post office wrapped the soaked box in palate wrap so using a box cutter i sliced through the wrap getting an immediate whiff of dead seafood. The black snail was smashed to bits and I am quite sure the three golden apples are dead too but i put them in a tub of warm water anyway just to see. Their growth rims were smashed around the openings but they still have their operculums pulled closed so perhaps they still live? One has been exapnding and contracting ever so slowly but I'm not sure it's not just "death gas" escaping the shell.

Happy birthday to me...

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

eew yup death gasses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, that's rough. I'm so sorry to hear that. Good luck in getting replacements/moneyback!

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sorry Bro but your last post cracked me up, for some reason all I could do was picture it Metalocalypse style

That totally sucks, tho, but here's hoping that perhaps the "possibly alive" snail is in fact still... well I was gonna say "kicking" but pseudopods would make that hard to do... maybe still being a snail??
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, the last gasses proved it, here's a few non-glamorous shots:

The "puffer" has puffed out his last horrid smelling gasses and is detaching from the shell, no tentacle movement, dead gray eyes

The other ones have started leaked out now and will start to reek too, I double trash bagged the tub I put em in after the pics and took em outside to the dumpster they reek so friggin bad!

I've got sticks of Nag Champa incense burning all over the house!

They were the snails I've always wanted though 3"+ in height, if they were alive they would have been really awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold Apple Snails, you say? I'm pretty sure the LFS carries them pretty cheap. I could probably get you a couple for postage.
    I has good plastic lid container, and a bag sealer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received some dead dwarf shrimp once and the smell was bad, but I can only imagine the smell of those large snails. Hopefully the seller will refund your money for the poor shipping techniques.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the seller won't refund/reship very quick without any problems. Open a compaint with Paypal. That will get his attention, they take back the payment from his account and hold it Hope he has enough of a balance or it will "bounce" and cost him fees! I'd say you have a 99.99% chance of a full refund if Paypal decides the case.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast