What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staghorn ferns, bonsais, marine fish and various other pretties (pics intensive!)

thez_yo

instigator
While running errands today, I dropped by the awesome plant store, a regular old pet shop & the park...here's pics:

PB190059-1.jpg

PB190059.jpg

PB190060.jpg

PB190061.jpg

PB190062.jpg

PB190063.jpg

PB190064.jpg

PB190065.jpg

PB190066.jpg

PB190069.jpg

PB190070.jpg

PB190071.jpg

PB190072.jpg

PB190073.jpg

PB190074.jpg

PB190075.jpg

PB180031.jpg

PB180030.jpg

PB180029.jpg

PB180028.jpg

PB180027.jpg

PB180026.jpg

PB180025.jpg

PB180024.jpg

PB180023.jpg

PB180022.jpg

PB180021.jpg

PB180020.jpg

PB180019.jpg

PB180018.jpg

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz100/thez_yo
/plant%20store%20and%20pet%20shop%20and%20park/PB180017.jpg

PB180016.jpg

Tnx for taking those pics, the 3rd one is exactly what i was looking for.
It looks like a good setup for my staghorn ferns :)
Love all the other fern pics too :D
That plantshop is totally amazing! i wish it was here.
Incredible staghorns and good bonsais :D
I want a staghorn wall like that ^^
They got some bonsai over here but thats just cheap imported chinese stuff, nothing close to that stuff :O
The bamboo bonsai is awesome :D

:drool:

The 9th picture in, were those leaves really blue?

Nice stuff!

Super awesomemazing?

I think so :-D

cool beans! I like the mini fern things!

Wow, I wish I had a plant store like that in my area. Thanks for taking the time to take/post pictures to share with everyone.

What an afternoon! Most of our plant shops are gone now with only HD/Lowes the expensive Orchids Ltd and my aunts job Bachmann's Flora still open. When i was growing up we had a number of excellent exotic plant shops around. Nothing quite that killer though.

Devon Mini ferns = Selaginella

I like the corals and sea horse I'm definitely gonna setup a 40 gallon coral colony growing tank over the winter next time Petco has the $1 a gallon sale and I'll be all ready and cycled to start getting some rare color morphs off the web next year. I want only the most intense color popping corals in an all black tank with black fixtures so it's like a living black light poster! :D

Thanks everyone, it was my pleasure to go around and look at it all too :p

Tnx for taking those pics, the 3rd one is exactly what i was looking for.
It looks like a good setup for my staghorn ferns :)
Love all the other fern pics too :D
That plantshop is totally amazing! i wish it was here.
Incredible staghorns and good bonsais :D
I want a staghorn wall like that ^^
They got some bonsai over here but thats just cheap imported chinese stuff, nothing close to that stuff :O
The bamboo bonsai is awesome :D

Mhmm...they have a board, nails in there to be pegs to string nylon fishing line from to strap the sphag to the board, and the fern nestled in that.

The really big one is like...taller than me :0o: And I took the ferns pics for you too :p

:drool:

The 9th picture in, were those leaves really blue?

Nice stuff!

They shine like that in a camera with the flash...must be like the blue sheen on some of the broms or whatever they are in the tepuis pictures that maybe AW took (don't remember who anymore...).

What an afternoon! Most of our plant shops are gone now with only HD/Lowes the expensive Orchids Ltd and my aunts job Bachmann's Flora still open. When i was growing up we had a number of excellent exotic plant shops around. Nothing quite that killer though.

Devon Mini ferns = Sellaginella

I like the corals and sea horse I'm definitely gonna setup a 40 gallon coral colony growing tank over the winter and start getting some rare color morphs off the web next year. I want only themost intense color popping corals, like a living blacklight poster! :D

You must post pics when you set it up... :drool:

I have alot of different species of them, if you were in the US I could send you some.

I would but I'm in Canada. D:

Zu, what is the fish store called? I wanna see if they have a website, they have awesome Zoas!
I'm getting a tank in my room by January, so I will have pics of both our tanks in the future.

Actually, I think it's Petco or Petsmart. Here in San Diego, grocery stores have amazing orchids and pet stores have almost unbelievable fish for sale. I'll see if I can't get to the other pet store and take pics too.. their sharks are so cute.

Actually, I think it's Petco or Petsmart. Here in San Diego, grocery stores have amazing orchids and pet stores have almost unbelievable fish for sale. I'll see if I can't get to the other pet store and take pics too.. their sharks are so cute.

It really is petco!
WOW!
Then sometime I'll need to come to San Diego and buy orchids!

Back