What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lime's Carnivorous Adventures of Pie.

Yeah; I assume that was directed at actual plant gods and not me at all...

clever.jpg

clever girl.....

that bical gets me every time.

SARS are growing nicely. There are times I wished I had warmer summers

Man I wish I could grow a big ol' bical...great job señor Lime!

Thank you everyone. :hail:

@kula: I actually wish my summers would be cooler! The Sarracenia fry up and go into a phyllodia frenzy every summer, the trays dry up way too fast too. :(

Hey guys its bical appreciation day (more like all my plants are stagnant season)

003 by limeslide2, on Flickr

006 by limeslide2, on Flickr

newly opened, the size of my fist

010 by limeslide2, on Flickr

011 by limeslide2, on Flickr

i like this picture a lot. the same growth point made the small pitcher below on january, and the one on top just opened today, july/august. improvement!!

013 by limeslide2, on Flickr

morning sun is best for taking pictures

014 by limeslide2, on Flickr

bical on the prowl

017 by limeslide2, on Flickr

018 by limeslide2, on Flickr

some thorelli. laugh. i dare you. >_>

008 by limeslide2, on Flickr

haha.. I just laughed, a little.

Nice plants Lime and I know that this summer has been killer here in The valley.

Good job with that bical, I'm jealous. :p

You've got far better plants than I do, what are you talking about? :p

Who'd you knock off this time?

Just the old lady across the road:angel:

Hi! After a week of being completely useless and ignoring all responsibilities (including practicing my bass, which I have to preform a solo with tomorrow after not practicing for the entire week... UGH) I decided I wanted to do something useful, so I decided to take the Sarracenia out of the fridge! I had more planned for this introduction but my computer booped and deleted everything so... yeah... :scratch:

This is the youngest bog, planting mid-2012 because I was once again procrastinating and being useless. ;) All looks fine, the fridge was a success! There are mostly leucophylla and flava in this bog.

IMG_5342 by limeslide2, on Flickr

These are older bogs, planted 2010-2011. Due to being exposed to direct UV radiation for an entire year, the pots crumble to the touch. The pot that is seemingly barren has two very close plants, Sarracenia x harperi and an unknown purpurea hybrid, thanks flytraplady5! They were from the 2011 NASC auctions. They need to be repotted!

IMG_5343 by limeslide2, on Flickr

I am particularly fond of this bog, my oldest. It grows very lush and colourful, though not very spectacular pitcher-wise. I am particularly fond of the moss cover it has grown. :)

IMG_5344 by limeslide2, on Flickr

This was where they slept, our old refrigerator.

IMG_5345 by limeslide2, on Flickr

I went to the hardware store and picked up this pot. 8)

IMG_5346 by limeslide2, on Flickr

This lone leucophylla had its own pot last year, so it slept separately. It will be added to the two other bogs that are being conjoined. It is a small variety from Santa Rosa Co., FL.

IMG_5347 by limeslide2, on Flickr

Added soil to the bottom, it is from Drosera pots that did not make it over the Autumn/Winter, the hardest seasons for them. :(

IMG_5348 by limeslide2, on Flickr

The aftermath!!!

IMG_5349 by limeslide2, on Flickr

Ta-da! Here is the result. The tags have worn off and don't say anything anymore, but I still like to keep them there.

IMG_5350 by limeslide2, on Flickr

Welcome to Sarracenia 2013!! :) They will be kept in partial sun for a few days.

IMG_5352 by limeslide2, on Flickr

Looking good limeslide, mine just put on some spring pitchers recently and hope yours do as well. Looking good...

Back