Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Health insurance - why bother?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler View Post
    doesnt matter what kind of republican, i know the difference between a neocon and a conservative....EVERY person with an R behind their name voted against it, if your blameing the republicans for this mess your a moron cause everyone of them no matter what kind they are voted against it......
    Did I lay blame on the neo-cons for the current system. No, because they voted against it. You are putting words in my mouth there rattler.

I am saying Bush Sr. proposed something similar a few years ago. So people should pay attention to the differences between neo-cons and conservatives because there is a huge difference. I can lay them out for you if you like.

Good perspective ScottyChaos.
    Last edited by dashman; 11-24-2010 at 09:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you said the repubs pushed a similar nearly 2 decades ago, which they did, never went anywhere, seems in the last 2 decades they wizened up about it and when it came up again they voted against it.....whatever comparison you were trying to make is invalid, they are fully able to criticize it cause they voted against it....had they voted for it than criticized it then there would be an issue....what happened 20 years ago doesnt matter.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. They are able to criticize it, I never said that either. Those who voted for it can criticize it too. People can always have a change of heart when new facts arise.

What I am saying however, is that they (neo-cons) are just another shade of grey. They criticize to gain power, but when they get into power they are more of the same. One wants to go right, the other left, but both are heading for a cliff. Perhaps it is because we ask for it, perhaps not. But one thing is clear, the cliff is coming. It is a mathematical certainty.

Actions taken 10, 20, 100, 200 years ago do matter for if they didn't we would not be where we are today. We are today where those who have came before us have taken us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    neocons are the reason i dont consider my self a republican.....my views tend to lean republican but there is some things i dont have a problem on like gay marriage and pot and the like cause i view those to be individual freedoms.....also unlike most republicans i view the federal government should be as small as possible and most the power being tossed back to the states like it was before 1861.....i likely fall under he constitutionalists banner more than any.....

as for the change of heart stuff......sorry but i dont have sympathy.....i hated McCain but Obama is doing all the BS i knew and said he would.....seeing pictures of Bush with the title "Miss Me Yet?" hell at this point i miss Clinton.......
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never met or heard of anyone republican or democrat becoming the age to collect Social Security and Medicare and then rejecting it. Most people say "if I didn't have this I'd have nothing". I'd like to know the percentage of independently wealthy people who can afford to refuse Social Security when they get to the age of benefits collection cos I certainly haven't met a single one yet...

Don't forget the reason these "entitlements" were created in the first place, the business community was stealing workers pensions - just like they still do today with pension stoppages and useless 401Ks. There were so many people in soup lines and eating canned dog food that something had to be done because you cannot count on business men for anything. Whatever workers ever got from them they did by a lot of effort and in the old days a lot of dying on the job. At 35 I've had both my pension stopped and seen my 401K go down in flames, so if I allow the republicans to burn down social security or place it on wall street for the business criminals & banks to raid it, what do I get after working for 40-50 years? A boot in the **** and a box behind the liquor store if the cops don't arrest me for vagrancy. "Do they owe us a living? Of course they do - of course they do!"

Part of the reason the healthcare bill sucks is because the democrats wavered on all their points in a simple minded hope of wooing the less stoic republicans to vote for it. That's why I wish it would have been a simple written directive like Bush used to do which was like the prez saying "screw you all we're doing this: ________". But Obama like all Dem presidents has weak knees and wanted everyone to love and adore him and gave it over to congress to play with it. And Congress being congress could do nothing less than try and get everyone involved and screw the whole thing up in the "process".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    I've never met or heard of anyone republican or democrat becoming the age to collect Social Security and Medicare and then rejecting it. Most people say "if I didn't have this I'd have nothing". I'd like to know the percentage of independently wealthy people who can afford to refuse Social Security when they get to the age of benefits collection cos I certainly haven't met a single one yet...

Don't forget the reason these "entitlements" were created in the first place, the business community was stealing workers pensions - just like they still do today with pension stoppages and useless 401Ks. There were so many people in soup lines and eating canned dog food that something had to be done because you cannot count on business men for anything. Whatever workers ever got from them they did by a lot of effort and in the old days a lot of dying on the job. At 35 I've had both my pension stopped and seen my 401K go down in flames, so if I allow the republicans to burn down social security or place it on wall street for the business criminals & banks to raid it, what do I get after working for 40-50 years? A boot in the **** and a box behind the liquor store if the cops don't arrest me for vagrancy. "Do they owe us a living? Of course they do of course they do!"

Part of the reason the healthcare bill sucks is because the democrats wavered on all their points in a simple minded hope of wooing the less stoic republicans to vote for it. That's why I wish it would have been a simple written directive like Bush used to do which was like the prez saying "screw you all we're doing this: ________". But Obama like all dems has weak knees and wanted everyone to love and adore him and gave it over to congress to play with it. And Congress being congress could do nothing less than try and get everyone involved and screw the whole thing up in the "process".
    Social Security IS NOT an entitlement given you have paid into it all your life......and the democrats DID NOT need the republicans they had a big enough majority that even though all the republicans and a handful of Democrats voted against it it passed anyway.....they didnt have to cater to the republicans at all so dont try pulling that BS card out....
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying they had to, I'm saying they did. Why was John Bayner in all those health care policy meetings if they didn't want any part of it? They were there to protect the corporate interests as were a number of the Dems, don't get me wrong that Montana guy and his personal mandate...

If you watch fox news SS is very much considered an entitlement by everyone of their talking heads. You and I both agree that we paid in we deserve it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the Montana guy is a drunk and an idiot........and he is a demo not a repub.....

after Obama got into office he told the repubs they could tail along or get out of teh way but they were not gonna get a say in anything and thats pretty well what happened.....Obama also said everyone was gonna get to see legislation for 5 days before it was passed.....that kinda went out the window soon as he one aswell, hell they voted on it before they could read it.....the health insurance bill is 100% on the dems shoulders....
    cervid serial killer

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast