User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Health insurance - why bother?

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you donít like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fine with universal healthcare... IF people making unhealthy choices pay for the excess costs they're forcing on everyone else (It's true with private insurance, why not public?). Stop doing whatever that is for a certain amount of time, and you're fine. If you drive a donorcycle without a helmet I don't see why I should have to pay for your million dollar surgery and transplant that you're taking from someone else. Same goes for tanaholics, alcoholics, smokers and whatever.

If it would reduce the stress to the system then I'd also support free nicotine patch programs and things like that... Those types of things, in the end, I think are very cost effective.

By the way, I've heard of a proposition for motorcycle drivers to have to fill out an organ donor card. I've also heard of minor tax cuts to those who fill them out. What do you think of that?
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing is red or blue.

As far as I am concerned both the Republicans and Democrats have their hands in all of the same multi-national corporations.

The fact that we go from one side to the other just shows how broken our system is. A democracy is not two sides. A democracy is representation by all. As far as I am concerned I have not had representation since Clinton was in office, and I was too young to realize what a good job he was doing.

I'm all for universal health care.

Because if hospitals and doctors were ran by the government then they would feel the pressure to not have unhealthy citizens. As it stands now, unhealthy citizens create business for the insurance companies and business for doctors. If it were government run and the burden was bore upon the back of the government's finances and our taxes, then there would be a push to make more people healthier to cut costs.

As it stands we are fed garbage food that is full of pesticides, chemicals, GMO derivatives and things I can't even pronounce. We are taught that putting chemicals in every orifice of our bodies is healthy and good.

It is for these reasons that the United States has some of the most unhealthy, and obese people in the world.

It is for these reasons the cost of health care in the United States is higher than anywhere else.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    show me one thing the US government has run correctly without costing 10 times what it should if it was done by a private company......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dex it's true, the senators just put a laundry basket on the floor and tell the lobbyists to fill it up and then they'll talk business. Used to be that was kinda hidden but nowadays it's pretty obvious how much all of congress is in bed with big business. All this "trickledown economics" theory we've had since the 80s seemed to be the parting of the veil where they just blantantly put it all out there.

It's true that on average the poorer you are the less healthy you are, unhealthy food is very cheap and what most people can afford. Fruits and vegetables is a lot more expensive and organics are astronomical - who really knows if they are organic or not I always wonder. I can live for a week or more off a box of 16 Archer Farms Corny Dogs from Target for $5 but should I? LOL

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The price of organics is not truly "astronomical" and I'm saying that from living in a place where all food has to be imported and is therefore more expensive.

The truth is that the price of crap is "subterranean".

and Rattler, your request for an answer to your statement does not nullify the pertinence of my point.

I cannot come up with an example of something that our government can do cheaper or more quickly than a private company, but I suspect that has something to do with the fact that our legal system has been sculpted over the last several decades to benefit and keep the safe the leaders of a free-market enterprise.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought groceries at Whole Foods one time, it was astronomical for me! I'd never spent so much in my life on food! LOL

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe you meant:

Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    I bought groceries at Whole Foods one time, it was astronomical for me! I'd never spent so much on my life in food! LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as far as congress, we started going down the toilet when you could make being a congressman a career......was set up to be a public service.....get rid of the premium health insurance and pension benefits to congress as well as the ability to give themselves a raise......they should not be exempt from what they force on the rest of us.....might make them think twice bout most the crap they do.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast