What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Real shock for weather in november

well the title saus it all really i am in the south but to the north of my country was a shock shocking -17c yesterday this is not good for november and the snow is starting to fall im sure this has brought a great worry on for peoples plants winter has only just began and im still dreading the rest and cant take no more lol any one eles feeling this horrid weather yet

i feel the ice age has begun :(

Plants

hey man its already begun here in the adirondacks, it was 4 F this morning, in a month or two ill be lucky to se a high above 0, a lot of times we get a week or two of -20 to -30 F for about a week.

When I went to PSUC, we had 21 consecutive days when the temp didn't reach the freezing mark.

hey jim been a while since ive seen you mate hows it going

i know what you both mean -17c is terrible not sure what it is in Fahrenheit all i know is it is too cold for me lol i would advise you both to dress up warm winter is on its way they recon snow here is on and off for like a month something to do with it coming from croatia lol the snow that is

-17c would be about 1f.
Darn! That's cold! I get the chills with everything below 65f lol

It's been about 20F at night here.

by the way i didnt mention this is -17c during the day i dread to think what it is come night time :D the less i know though then my brain wont think its so cold at night

plants

Same situation here. We just had a storm that usually goes east of the continental divided, but for some reason went west this time. Brought temps down to -15f (-26c). Lasted for about three days.

But now it's warming up again and all is well.

Been quuite a bit warmer than usual here in Western NY..
in fact, November is going to pass us by with NO snow at all!
just a light dusting..
very unusual for November..we should have had several feet by now..

so while some of you are colder than usual, here we are warmer than usual..
so it all evens out..its just the Earth doing what it does..
If you look back at records, you will probably find this "unusual" weather actually happens every 10 years or so in your area, and isnt really that unusual afterall..it seems unusual only because people have short memories..

Scot

were r u from sea quest

We have already had quite a bit of snow here in western Washington... This winter is gonna be rough for what we are used to....

rball0406, I'm from Idaho. It has the potential to get really cold here (below 0), but usually it's for brief periods of time, nothing like the Adirondacks except in some of the higher mountain valleys.

Suckas!

This PNW has been treating me pretty well so far. Only snowed once and that didn't last long. Just now starting to get to be freezing. So far the winter seems pretty mild, but the worst has yet to come, I am sure.

That is why I like the CA. It hasn't snowed for 30 years. We have rain.

You guys are all quite a bit colder than me... but hey, I am used to 130f! This 23f stuff is a bit (ok, a lot!) too cold for me, please take your cold weather back!! heh
Andrew

When I went to PSUC, we had 21 consecutive days when the temp didn't reach the freezing mark.

we have gone 10 days where the daily high was -20*F.......so far this winter hasnt been to bad.....fairly normal....

Strange weather. It just dropped down to about 20F, here, last night (29Nov2010). Last year I only remember two or three days with lows near freezing. I sure hope our weather gets back to its normal warm level.

wow...its currently...73F, and during the day its about 80. should get colder within a week or two (im hoping!)

Our grass is frosty! This is strange.

haha glad to see so much input it is getting colder everyday all the time i go out im feeling like a professional ice skater hehe

Back