What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

oh my.. I love that ovata!

great plants,really nice ovata

:clap:
Dat Ovata! :drool:

N. ovata stole the show from everything else. Give me a few years and my N. naga will be ready to compete with it. Until then, bravo! More people need to grow that plant.

N. ovata stole the show from everything else. Give me a few years and my N. naga will be ready to compete with it. Until then, bravo! More people need to grow that plant.

Wow...I'm flattered...and to think I was reluctant to even bother competing this month against all the heavies we have in here. :lol:

How could you be reluctant with something that gorgeous?!

How could you be reluctant with something that gorgeous?!

Didn't think it stood a chance against the veitchii and truncata in this month's POTM. LOL

Wow, the N. ovata is absolutely stunning! I also love the N. alata :drool:

*EL GASP*
:hail:

That ovata is SAH-WEEEEET!

Amazing pics Exo. You have a jungle in there.

I agree with everyone, that ovata is something else!

Everything looks fantastic. Really like the jamban. And the ovata..wow. I wavered between getting that and bongso. I should have gotten the ovata!

Your ovata is amazing. This was my first "must have" Nepenthes. I can't believe people don't make a bigger deal about this plant.

Didn't think it stood a chance against the veitchii and truncata in this month's POTM. LOL

N. veitchii's peristome has nothing on ovata, in my opinion. N. ovata definitely has the upper hand in terms of rarity. I'm definitely adding this species to my wish list.

Decided to snap a few of my lesser seen things.....

N.spectabilis.....I love this thing.
Nspectabilis_1-18-12.jpg

N.smilesii...growing as a houseplant.
Nsmilesii_1-18-12.jpg

N.viking....never seen such vivid red before.
Nviking_1-18-12.jpg

N.mirabilis ver echinostoma...bugger finally squirted out a small, but nice pitcher...
Nmirabilis_1-18-12.jpg

N.ampullaria.
Nampullaria_1-18-12.jpg

N.clipeata clone U rolling along.
Nclipeata_1-18-12.jpg

N.robcantleyii......as you can see....the newer leaves lack the sunburn of the older ones, and it's inflating a pitcher.....it seems to prefer lower light than the others
Nrobcantleyii_1-18-12.jpg

Mutant P.lauaneae.....don't ask.... :suspect:
Plaueana_1-18-12.jpg

D.paradoxa.....I'm a fan...
Dparadoxa_1-18-12.jpg

and in case CPs alone don't do it for ya....Phal schilleriana 'Pink butterfly'
Phalschilleriana_1-18-12.jpg

LOL! The P. lauaneae made me chuckle. You always use that smiley at the best times.

Your plants look great, totally diggin' the N. spectabilis.

OMG so much awesomeness! Love that orchid.. and the viking.. and the mutant lueana...

Wow, you weren't kidding about the robcantleyi sunburn. New leaves look great, though.

Really like that spectabilis! Beautifull!!

Back