What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exo

Tastes like chicken!
Here are a bunch of new pics I took today.....I will add some more over the next few days....

New N. aristolochioides pitcher.....
Naristo_11-30-10.jpg

Brand new Royal N. truncata....still has that new nep smell....
Ntrunc_QxK_11-30-10.jpg

N. mirandae .....7in pitcher....
Nmiranda01_11-30-10.jpg

My D. aliciae sundew colony....
Dalice_11-30-10.jpg

a very nice clone of P. laueana ....
Plauanea_11-30-10.jpg

P. jaumavensis ....
Pjuavamensis_11-30-10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
everything is looking good exo.

Ooh, that N. aristolochioides turned out nice!

everything is looking good exo.

Thanks....I'm gonna post a pic of that super crazy hyper heli I got from you tomorrow too. ;)

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Ooh, that aristo turned out nice!

Yeah, just needed some TLC.....a top coat of live sphag doesn't hurt either....

I love the D. aliciae colony. So gonna have to do something like that.

Gorgeous! All of it is just lovely!!!

great growing. :-D

You can get N. mirandae to pitcher? I am jealous!
What is "the new Nep smell"? I must smell it on my new Nep immediately!

I think they make a candle with that odor now! :-)) Great photos!

i love the N. aristolochioides pitcher i think ill have to get one

Your P. jaumavensis is beautiful! I haven't seen that one yet, I had to go and google it, very nice.

Excellent N. aristolochioides! How long did it take for it to adjust to your conditions? I bought one back at the end of the September, and it has only grown a few millimeters, if that, and I'm wondering if thats normal for this species...

Excellent N. aristolochioides! How long did it take for it to adjust to your conditions? I bought one back at the end of the September, and it has only grown a few millimeters, if that, and I'm wondering if thats normal for this species...

Mine took only a week to start growing again, but it came potted already...shipping them bareroot sets most species back quite a bit.

From what I've heard, N. aristolochioides can be fairly fast growing if it is given very cool temps and lots of humidity. This time of year my day temps only get to 68-70F, and this nep seems to like it that way.

my N. aristolochioides took 5 months before doing ANYTHING, including pitchering. but within the last 2 months, it's grown 5 pitchers.

hahaha, of course- ask two growers the same question and you get two totally different answers. But thanks!

More pics!...........

N. "Viking" x truncata seedlings
NvikingXtruncata_12-3-10.jpg

N. "Viking" settling in nicely....(I know, it's globosa these days....so sue me. ;))
Nviking_12-3-10.jpg

My biggest D. nidiformis seedling.
Dnidiformis_12-3-10.jpg

My N. alata D upper
Nalata-upper_12-3-10.jpg

My H. nutans goin' nuts.
Hnutans_12-3-10.jpg

My Cephalotus folicullaris is bigger and redder than ever.....
cephalotus_12-3-10.jpg

12in N. burbidgeae.
Nburb_12-3-10.jpg

D. venusta.
Dvenusta_12-3-10.jpg

Love the coloration on the N. burbidgeae leaves. Makes me happy that I ordered one. :)

How long have you had that plant and how quickly does it grow?

The way your Cephalotus folicullaris is growing is very neat. Looks like zombie pitchers rising from the dead.

Love the coloration on the N. burbidgeae leaves. Makes me happy that I ordered one. :)

How long have you had that plant and how quickly does it grow?

I've had it about 2 years, it grows pretty fast in the summer, but stops growing once the day temps drop to 65F in the coldest part of winter.....it seems to like temps of 78F day and 65F night the best.

I also have discovered that repotting them into big pots makes them grow like mad, they don't like cramped pots.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

The way your Cephalotus folicullaris is growing is very neat. Looks like zombie pitchers rising from the dead.

Heh heh.....pretty appropriate considering that when I first got it, it died down to the roots....all that growth is less than a year old.

Nice looking collection!

Back