What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thez_yo

instigator
Here's some random stuff that caught my eye this morning. (and I'll keep updating with pics throughout the month when possible as usual)

ventXcincta
PC010004.jpg

X Vanessa
PC010005.jpg

campyX(specXtalan) that just opened yesterday
PC010006.jpg

veitchii K
PC010007.jpg

bongso
PC010008.jpg

ampXsib
PC010011.jpg

spathXmira or miraXspath (don't remember which way around) hiding in the foliage
PC010012.jpg

petiolata
PC010014.jpg

stenophylla
PC010015.jpg

platychila
PC010016.jpg

macro finally has more than 2-3 leaves for once XD
PC010017.jpg

villosa chugging away
PC010018.jpg

some of the gemmae I was giving away sprouting for me
PC010019.jpg

capensis red from flytrapshop with some roseana & scorpioides infiltrating the pot
PC010020.jpg

capensis regular/green
PC010021.jpg

burmanni's done for the season...hope it seeded itself in enough places that I get a few popping up next year in the Ceph HG and green minibog pots I've got.
PC010022.jpg

some inhabitants of said green minibog: rosea luteolata left doing great, purp heterophylla being a party pooper on the right
PC010023.jpg

cobra minibog with some multifida (maybe? dunno for sure...) and vft cultivars (they're called cultivars, right?) and some other random temperate dews.
PC010024.jpg

utric ghetto...longifolia, humboldtii & nelumbifolia (only really collect the orchioides :p)
PC010026.jpg

pygmies with gemmae
PC010029.jpg

scorp with breakfast
PC010030.jpg

some really nice moss growing in a heteroXionassi pot (and possibly some ceph seed in there that hasn't sprouted afaik..)
PC010031.jpg

boschXveitchii
PC010032.jpg

oooh and one last one-

my pitcherless aristo :(
PC010033.jpg

Wow - that aristo has really dark leaves! is that camera illusion or are they really dark? (Mine has light green leaves). ???

Yup, they're pretty dark. Don't know what I'm doing different from you to get a different color, but it gets San Diego sun from about...1PM til sunset which is about 5PM. It's been getting like 65day/50night lately, and some coffee now and then.

The stenophylla looks great!

Ooooo, I love your collection. Some really pretty plants in there.

Awesome looking plants - especially the tough species: the macrophylla and villosa! :)

The stenophylla looks great!

Thanks, it's sooo much better than spectabilis because it actually pitchers for me :-)) Honestly though it's a gorgeous and pretty easy plant - I'm surprised it isn't more popular.

Ooooo, I love your collection. Some really pretty plants in there.

Awesome looking plants - especially the tough species: the macrophylla and villosa! :)

Thanks, I'm trying to do right by them. I feel horrible how awful the macrophylla looks, but hopefully I can get it growing better now that the weather's cooled down. I'm thinking I'll put it in a lot bigger pot when I get the chance and see if I can't get some more sphag around the leaves to bump the humidity.

They all look pretty terrific. Even the aristo with no pitchers looks like it has a couple on the way. I really want to get one of those soon....

Love the camp x (spect x talang) that should be a really fun hardy plant!

They all look pretty terrific. Even the aristo with no pitchers looks like it has a couple on the way. I really want to get one of those soon....

Love the camp x (spect x talang) that should be a really fun hardy plant!

Aristo's a great plant. It'll pitcher when even dubia won't. And I've seen better campy X (spec X talan)s on cpphotofinder, but... I'll take what I can get :p It should be able to grow wherever which is great!

Looking real good - especially the red capensis!

Thanks :p The cooler weather's really brought out the nice reds in everything.

Wow, everything looks great! Thanks for sharing your collection.

:-D Thanks! I figure...if I love them so much, other people might too..

Ok my platy opened up this morning (YAY!) so I decided to snap a few more pics:
campyX(specXtalan) from the front and peristome:
PC020035.jpg

PC020036.jpg

flava's working on a pitcher
PC020038.jpg

platy just opening (I moved it recently so the peristome won't have so many stripes I think..)
PC020041.jpg

PC020042.jpg

little bit closer look at that spathXmira
PC020044.jpg

villosa AW still miraculously alive
PC020047.jpg

that jamban basal pitcher I adore so much
PC020048.jpg

(the main growth-vine on this plant really is suffering with this basal there :()

PC020049.jpg

the briggsiana cuttings ghetto...truth be told they all look awful. looks like I'll be lucky should even one survive :cry:
PC020052.jpg

and all my neps that *are* rooted...or at least should be..
PC020050.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Oh, and an update to my sibXTM that opened months ago but is still around:
PC020003.jpg

PC020001.jpg

Haha, the N. jamban is so tiny! I love it!

:love: Everything is just looking super amazing!!! :-D

Geeeeezzz you have a lot of freeging Nepenthes!

amazing plants---except for that AW villosa. hahaha. mine looked like that as well. i do wish you the best with that sucker. with winter around the bend you might make it!

On next week's episode of "hoarders"..........:-))

Back