User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TerraForums is the nicest place!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfn View Post
    I'm a Romulan
    LOL! Did you bring the famous ale?

Hear the Call of Nepenthes carnivoure12's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The personalities of the of the forums vary from hobby to hobby, and from people to people. Dare I say the orchid societies may look down at us CP'ers, we can never escape the levels society.

Or some groups of people are just not as 'nice' as others for some reason or the other. Like we're a lot nicer here, that's the personality of the forum, just like that orchid forums might be like that, where it's been turned into some authoritarian society where peolpe who have no type of power in real life, come to pertend to be something else online.

Many good CP forums, but as mentioned this the most active, and most friendly. Actually most Cp forums are, I think the bigger issue is activity levels on other forums, at least for me.
    -Carnivoure12
    →Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. I have never met a person here on this forum that I didn't like. Everyone for the most part is friendly. Even though I have had a difference of opinions with a few people here in some of the General Discussions threads we can still discuss things CP or otherwise and be friendly about it.

I like talking to people who are different than me just as much as those whose opinions are similar. It helps us all understand where each other is coming from a little better and hopefully gain new perspective.

I think what makes this forum unique is that even the old pros are friendly and willing to share knowledge and not condescending or snide.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carnivoure12 View Post
    Dare I say the orchid societies may look down at us CP'ers, we can never escape the levels society.

But the joke's on them because insectivorous plants are infinitely more cool.

I love orchids, but they only flower every now and then....

Even the lowliest typical Dionaea is still an awesome Dionaea.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 12-20-2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment - Dionaea, not Dionea
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=carnivoure12;999967]The personalities of the of the forums vary from hobby to hobby, and from people to people. Dare I say the orchid societies may look down at us CP'ers, we can never escape the levels society.[\QUOTE]

At least in my society, Pings are a must-have for the people. Take care of Fungus Gnats.
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...row-Trade-List
    Collection: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Deadly-Plantsn
    Quote Originally Posted by lizasaur
    Minor x Purp I actually have. Well,technically it's Minor Okee x Psitt Green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This forum is awesome......BECAUSE I'M HERE!

Really though, the peeps on this forum are the nices I've met anywhere....almost no fighting and arguments.....very rare these days.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things have calmed down and the trolls are gone for the most part... TF is the perfect place for a seasoned grower or just someone starting out. Hopefully the word spreads around more than once.

I wasn't aware we were looked down upon. The crazy orchid growers I know really seem to like Neps in any case.
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TF IS awesome!

I've been on some...interesting... forums, and this is one of the best. FeeBay got really clique-y and hostile, aquaforum had some really nasty dirty trolls and was only moderated if you begged hard enough, and the mantis & roach forums I've found are both in permeant hibernation, with the most recent posts being somewhen around last Christmas.

I must say, though, that there is another awesome forum I frequent, a bearded dragon dedicated site. It's the same story here-- it's heavily moderated by ACTIVE members. A very friendly and helpful place. In fact, there are several "This place is awesome!" threads up right now, LoL!

Thanks, Andrew and everyone, for keeping it fun!

~Edit~
    I forgot one! There's more of a bulletin board system I'm a part of, too. Remarkably, it's only lightly moderated, by stealth. The worst we ever get is occasional spam. Name-calling is limited to "scallawag" and "geezer", both usually accurate.

The worst argument I've ever seen is whether the Potter 15 (14!) or Montgomery 15 is the fastest, a debate that's put to the test year after year--still inconclusive. LoL!
    Last edited by Lil Stinkpot; 12-20-2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: How can I forget TSBB?!?
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast