User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TerraForums is the nicest place!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TerraForums is the nicest place!

Really, I always knew the folks here were the best, but I didn't realize how good until I tried to join another forum over the weekend. It was an orchid specific site. I was hoping for a species specific area.

There was a post that was a sticky in which the OP stated, "If you have any questions on culture - post em here!" So I did, asking a question specifically about a cultural method the OP had mentioned.

Someone else replied with, "As a side note, you'll get better responses if you posted your questions as a regular post instead of adding to a sticky meant for informational purposes."

Then this morning, one of the mods wrote me and accused me of possibly being mistaken as a spammer because of the links in my signature! They're the same ones I have on every forum!

She said she hoped I was enjoying the forum and that it's a, "Great friendly place." I replied that it most certainly was not enjoyable or friendly and I would not be back.

Stick with TerraForums, folks! If anyone wants any details, forum name, etc, just pm me. I have links and complete message copies.

Thank you TerraForums for being legitimately a great and friendly place!

David

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I absolutely love this site. It's amazing. Totally agree with you here.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed it is, David! I especially enjoy conversing with the Vulcans, here!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey not every forum can be as awesome as us.

But I am sorry, I hate having negative experiences online, it's never fun.

There's enough orchid geeks on here too that I bet you could even find an answer on TF! (maybe)
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm on a couple other forums and I never go to them.

Terraforums = Amazing.
    End of story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not to mention the most active. it sometime takes weeks to even months to get a response on other threads!
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL That's why I've been a TF member for ages. One orchid forum I joined years back had lots of big names and orchid book authors as members on there but they were all some of the meanest people ever. Flaming each other and one book author even going so far as to turn in a nursery owner to authorities over hearsay and ruining peoples nurseries and lives.

I never posted anything even once on that site but it was like watching FOX news, everyone just got on and went off! There was lots of activity on the board but it was difficult to say any of it was educational or helpful in the least - it was just a constant brawl everyday. I wonder if it was the same site... LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that sounds like where I made all of two posts. I got two posts further than you, though I'm not sure that's something to be proud of! lol

They even erased my signature flat out! Didn't even ask me if I could change it, even though I wasn't aware of breaking any official rules. I just couldn't seem to follow the rules there, despite the fact that I thought I was. I posted where the OP requested, it was on topic, and I still got told about it. Then I heard all about how my signature may make me look like a spammer after they completely deleted it. The mod tried to come off like she was doing me a service! She did it so that, "another mod wouldn't see it, think I was a spammer, and delete my account completely." Aww, wasn't that nice of her? lol

They come off as stuck up snobs. Just like you describe! Was the board's initials OB with a .com at the end?

David

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast