What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with a Canon(camera)

• Thread starter Adam
  • Start date

Adam

Sarracenia Collector
Recently I got the Powershot SX 130 IS and I was wondering how to remove the "Iso" setting. Not remove but just turn off. It's great for taking Macro shots, but when I'm taking a group shot, I hate it zooming in on me.

I use to have a Canon Powershot, until what I believe was a bear stole it and my backpack.

Doesn't Iso refer to the light sensitivity? The higher the iso the lower the light level if I remember right. That shouldn't have anything to do with the zoom.

When it's zooming are you sure it's not just auto focusing? You could turn that off, but then you'd have to focus manually. Only some Powershots have full manual settings and I don't know if yours is one of them. You'd have to look in the manual.

ISO is the amount of light sensitive particles. the higher the iso the more sensitive it will be to light. the lowest you can go is 100. However that has nothing to do with zooming. That would probably be on one of your presets.

This is REALLY freaky... I checked this thread today, went to use the camera,now it doesn't zoom...
I kinda want the zoom back, but only if I know how to get it off.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Just figured it out!
It's AF point zoom, not macro

Back