0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that thing is sooooooooooooo awsome haha i want one

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm lazy so here is a link, http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...=125189&page=2, to alot of pic's of some of my Vivariums.

As for harvesting moss, I would not do that, if you don't have moss growing already you probably don't have the conditions for it. If you have the conditions for it you will likely not want the moss . I removed about 1/2 cup of various mosses every week. Die moss Die!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it was growing in my fish tank but i moved everything out of that and into the rack a month ago why not harvest? it will help hold moisture and allow me to be more leanient with watering.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rball0406 View Post
    it was growing in my fish tank but i moved everything out of that and into the rack a month ago why not harvest? it will help hold moisture and allow me to be more leanient with watering.
    I would not wish the curse of moss on anyone .

There are only a few useful mosses in my opinion sphagnum moss for instance, the rest are pesky weeds. Now aquatic mosses are another story, so long as they stay underwater. Real java moss is nice since its sterile and won't seed everything. If you have a moss that produces a stalk, its not java.

A long time ago I thought "wow those moss covered pots look great" and introduced a few select ones into some tanks. Well there is no way to get them out...ever...completely dried out the tank, bleech, everything I could think of...and they came back nice and strong.

Nothing like a nice healty seedling or tiny plant getting overrun by a weed!

I'll stop my ranting or I could go on all day...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha thanx i would only use spag. but if its more of a pain thanks for the tip. I do have one with some red tip sphag and i love how i looks, it is a starter plant so maybe ill just use it for my cuttings and little guys they seam to start better in it. once they get bigger i just not use it for the bigger pots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Temps : summer-78F day, 67F night.

: winter-65F day, 49F night.

Humidity : 76% day, 85-90% night.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I have going (inside):

Speaking of "ghetto", from 2004:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the bulk of my collection housed on two 6 ft tall x 4 ft wide x 18" deep metal shelf racks. Each shelf has a twin tube T5 HO fixture over it.

Shelf #1
    Top: female Vampire Crab / Black color phase Violin mantis / Vampire crab pair with their first brood of babies / Tan phase Violin Mantis. The tanks have mix of CPs, mosses, orchids & other tropicals
    Middle: A. avicularia tarantula / CPs / all plant tank
    Bottom: Neps / individual terrestrial Utric deathcubes / Orchidioides Utrics

Shelf #2
    Arboreal insects / an expired tank drying out before I restart it / 40 gallon cube which is just housing some terrariums for young mantids and so on.
    Middle shelf: 40 gallon breeder tank housing my large breeding colony of Geosesarma sp. "Red" Vampire Crabs and my N. ampullaria collection
    Lower shelf: Succulents / storage tub of small ferns / storage tub of small aroids and other small terrarium plants. Things are grown out in here and then pruned to plant the display tanks where they will either establish or fail but I still have a backup.

In front of the window where it's a bit cooler I have a 20 gallon tank with mini orchids and my two HL Neps (N. jacquelinae & N. jamban). It's lit by side lighting from the two shelves & a 12" LED panel

This is the LED panel I got off ebay for $35 w/ free postage, it's not anything wonderful hi-tech I guess it works. These orchids are kinda low light plants who turn yellow in bright light so I'm getting away with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast