User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My new home, and it's inhabitants..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyq View Post
    Could the thumping be caused by your heating system? We've got a steam heating system, and once or twice a week it sounds a construction crew is taking a hammer to the pipes...
    God I hope so.. because if it isn't, then there's an animal down there. Still getting loud thumps as of minutes ago. I'll do a critter inspection later today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe just some air bubbles in the pipes or a motor turning on/off, turning the water on at high rlly suddenly makes it sound like that here.
    my growlist: http://terraforums.com/forums/showth...306#post976306
    My pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/taliesin-ds/

<Exo> @Talie......You are the lord of all things blah....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those orbs are dust particles reflecting light.....not saying that your house isn't haunted, just saying that orbs are usually dust unless they are mure luminus and less transparent.

Those other experiences you had though....they might be something.....
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fog aswell.
    this is a pic i took years ago at night in the dunes near the ocean.
    my growlist: http://terraforums.com/forums/showth...306#post976306
    My pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/taliesin-ds/

<Exo> @Talie......You are the lord of all things blah....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    clever way to show off your new house

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millipede View Post
    clever way to show off your new house
    I know, right.. Who cares about some kid's crib, but everyone wants to see a ghost!
    Last edited by mass; 01-04-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That kitchen is

I don't buy into the orbs = dust theory, cause dude, I'm sure there's more dust than 2-4 particles.
    I believe in ghosts. I've had scary stuff happen to me, and I'm pretty sure Sam would be chillin with me sometimes, too. That wasn't scary, though. Would I want to live in a for serious haunted house with screams and stuff though? Absolutely not. Anything definitely paranormal is something I couldn't handle and can't have in my life. I can't even watch the shows sometimes >.>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've personally witnessed more than one thing that I'd think the average person would classify as "paranormal," some of it actually quite alarming and had me absolutely terrified at the time. As I've gotten older and more into science, I've done (very limited) research on things like M-Theory, or Membrane Theory, Brane Theory for short. Based on my own (again, very limited) understanding of the theory and the things I've experienced, I've determined the theory to be a relatively plausible explanation for "paranormal" things occurring all the time in our lives.

I am going to attempt to diagram my own thoughts on the matter with what's available here in the text editor. Too lazy to open up Photoshop. ;/

The theory basically (again, remember I only have limited understanding of this all, so take it all with a grain of salt) explains that there are multiple "membranes" sort of floating and waving around in space, each brane representative of a dimension. Something like:

(SCRATCH THAT. OUT COMES PHOTOSHOP. Beware, though, this is very rudimentary. o.O)

Different branes floating through space (each its own dimension)

When we die, we cease to exist in our own dimension, let's say the blue one in my example. However, we don't necessarily cease to exist in, say, the green one. As the different branes move through space, they might occasionally touch for a short time:

When this happens, maybe it is possible that we see someone who has ceased to exist in our own dimension (blue), but are going on as normal in the other (green). That person might have been someone that lived in the same house we're currently living in. When they died in our dimension, obviously they no longer inhabited the house, so we moved in. In that green dimension, though, that person is, again, living their life just as they always had, perhaps even in the same house. So when the branes touch, we might "catch" them in our house. Perhaps even vice-versa: maybe, to them, we're a ghost intruding in their house. As the branes pull away from eachother, the "ghost" disappears.

Just my own interpretation and my (probably feeble) attempt to put some even mildly scientific explanation on the matter. If nothing else, it's interesting to think about. ;p

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast