What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas 2010

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
A few things:

100_8728.jpg

And you?

I got slippers, pillowcases, sheets and a robe. :banana2:

LOL

I wish I was 10 again that's when Christmas meant something: Star Wars toys! :D

dang, wish I got a GPS for Christmas. I did get an entire dining room set and a 42" flat screen though. Amongst many many other things.

this is what my xmas present looked like this year XD

Step%2001%20Empty%20Box.jpg

Hehe, I got a new GPS too because mine was apparently used from NewEgg when I bought it so I could never ever update it which totally bites. And a purple hat, glittery purple scarf, white fuzzy mittens and the movie Chocolat on DVD.

Best Chocolate Roll Cake Recipe EVAR as follows:

1.beat 7 egg yolks + 3/4 cup sugar together til light yellow and thick
2.melt together in a pot 8 1-ounce squares of semisweet baking chocolate with 2tbsp brandy/rum/strong coffee/baileys and 3tbsp water
3.mix the chocolate mixture into the yolks mixture when cooled (not boiling hot, but not solid again)
4.whisk to a froth making stiff peaks 1/8tsp salt with 7 egg whites
5.add a dollop of egg whites mixture to chocolate/yolk mixture, then fold rest of egg whites mixture into yolks/chocolate mixture
6.grease wax paper sheet on top of large (13/15") baking pan and pour and spread out batter on it
7.bake in oven at 350 deg F for 15 minutes
8.take out of oven and roll in tea towel til cool
9.unroll gently onto lightly sugared plate and fill with whipped cream, reroll, sprinkle top with powdered sugar.
10.chill for ~2hrs in fridge before eating :awesome:

All gift cards for me, but they're all really, really, really GOOD ones. :-D

$200 cash, a Visa gift card, two cards each for two different restaurants, a card for a used book store and $125 for a "gourmet" yarn shop. Woo hoooooo! :boogie:

I got a new camera/hiking pack, and a little greenhouse to put in my garage for starting my plants. And a remote control helicopter.

@Swords-just because you get older does not mean that you should not get toys for chistmas, go get some starwars toys they are all on sale.

I got a didgeridoo (woo!), Carnivorous Plants of the United States and Canada by Schnell, Carnivorous Plants by Slack, a new pair of pruning scissors, a pair of micro scissors (for really tiny stuff), two space blankets (poor man's mylar), a bunch of trays to put pots in, a couple digital timers, a thermostatically-controlled outlet (on at 35, off at 45; for a heater), a box of quart-sized slider ziplocs, a box of gallon-sized slider ziplocs, and a set of tiny hobby paintbrushes (for pollinating). Guess Santa knows I'm a little obsessed. :D

I got a new camera/hiking pack, and a little greenhouse to put in my garage for starting my plants. And a remote control helicopter.

@Swords-just because you get older does not mean that you should not get toys for chistmas, go get some starwars toys they are all on sale.
I got a RC helicopter at Thanksgiving for a present!
I got a TF Calendar, Aqua World gift card, Wheel of Fortune Wii, Mario Allstars Wii, and pants. My mom will order me a plant in a few months.
I also noticed a few days before Christmas that my Phal White Dream was budding!

I got 200 bucks in cash

a new graphite fishing rod with a titanium reel

an HD LCD flatscreen TV

Several XBOX 360 games

and some clothing.

not much, some cash from my parents and every issue of National Geographic from 1888 to 2009 on DVD from my daughters.....was gonna buy new seats for my CJ5 for my birthday/x-mas gift combo but the trip to Seattle is likely gonna kill that, gonna have to go hit the junk yards when it warms up for temporary seating....

this is what my xmas present looked like this year XD

Step%2001%20Empty%20Box.jpg

LOL!

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Hehe, I got a new GPS too because mine was apparently used from NewEgg when I bought it so I could never ever update it which totally bites. And a purple hat, glittery purple scarf, white fuzzy mittens and the movie Chocolat on DVD.

Best Chocolate Roll Cake Recipe EVAR as follows:

1.beat 7 egg yolks + 3/4 cup sugar together til light yellow and thick
2.melt together in a pot 8 1-ounce squares of semisweet baking chocolate with 2tbsp brandy/rum/strong coffee/baileys and 3tbsp water
3.mix the chocolate mixture into the yolks mixture when cooled (not boiling hot, but not solid again)
4.whisk to a froth making stiff peaks 1/8tsp salt with 7 egg whites
5.add a dollop of egg whites mixture to chocolate/yolk mixture, then fold rest of egg whites mixture into yolks/chocolate mixture
6.grease wax paper sheet on top of large (13/15") baking pan and pour and spread out batter on it
7.bake in oven at 350 deg F for 15 minutes
8.take out of oven and roll in tea towel til cool
9.unroll gently onto lightly sugared plate and fill with whipped cream, reroll, sprinkle top with powdered sugar.
10.chill for ~2hrs in fridge before eating :awesome:

Do you have a good cheesecake recipe?

I got a few bucks from my grandma of course.

A bottle of Organic deodorant.

A deck of playing cards that is also a field guide to local beach life.

A pair of socks.

An awesome T-shirt that my girlfriend made that has N. villosa on it.

And a bar of chocolate.

Do you have a good cheesecake recipe?

Nope...when I make one I'll let you know though ;)
(the last one I made was supposed to be chocolate cheesecake, but it ended up just tasting like cheese O-: )

Nope...when I make one I'll let you know though ;)
(the last one I made was supposed to be chocolate cheesecake, but it ended up just tasting like cheese O-: )

I'm also looking for REAL pizza, like the kind I grew up with, Lawn-guy-land!

On another note, I want to return my duplicate Scrabble dictionary, 24 rolls of packaging tape (that I'll never consume), the T-shirt advertizing the wrong business, and possibly the GPS, which I consider to be an unnecessary toy.... for a really nice fluorescent light, for that tropical setup.

Last edited:
i got a Delorme PN-60 handheld GPS, 2 All-Outdoors Atlases (N. Wisc. and S. Wisc.) - these are really cool, they show all public lands/trails/etc. in the state, and Castlevania:Lord of Darkness for the PS3.

I got three sweaters, a box of chocolates and two $100 gift certificates to two different CP dealers... One of which I spent earlier this afternoon... :D

The other gifts were joint gifts for me and my wife together... :)

I got a nepenthes truncata black (in the spring) ----> :-D

a micro jet fire torch thing

flint

2 mini wateralls for my snakes

ipod anti glare screen protecters

candy

a fake candle and a fire extinguisher (as a joke... :p cause I like fire)

It was a fantastic christmas!! Merry christmas/new year/holidays everyone! :-D

I got a nepenthes truncata black (in the spring) ----> :-D

a micro jet fire torch thing

flint

2 mini wateralls for my snakes

ipod anti glare screen protecters

candy

a fake candle and a fire extinguisher (as a joke... :p cause I like fire)

It was a fantastic christmas!! Merry christmas/new year/holidays everyone! :-D

What Truncata? QoHxKoS?

Back