What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worms in me pot soil?

Vbkid

Getting There...
So twice now I've found little worms (5mm?) in pots of peat/sand that I use for seedlings. Sohuld I be concerned? They are just clear little things and don't seem to be in other pots, but are gross none the less. Ones that I grab with tweezers when I see em on top get fed to the dews!

So twice now I've found little worms (5mm?) in pots of peat/sand that I use for seedlings. Sohuld I be concerned? They are just clear little things and don't seem to be in other pots, but are gross none the less. Ones that I grab with tweezers when I see em on top get fed to the dews!

Sounds like neematodes, and depending on the species, they cab eat the roots of plants....not sure how to get rid of them though.

Yeah I've seen those before..they live in moist peat. If I see them, I cinnamon and neem, then let the pots dry out a little before I start watering again.

Anyone have any thoughts on getting rid of em? I removed the offending pot but don't want to risk them having spread already!

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

How much on the cinnamon? Don't want to kill any pots I see em in lol!

They also might be baby earthworms?

I mixed everything myself from peat/sand so I don't think they are earth worms.

A picture is worth a thousand worms...!
Try one....
:-))

Just using the term "bug" or "worm" can make it difficult to make a realistic guess from.

* Nan... EXACTLY what came to my mind too! Hence wanting to see one!

Last edited:
Could be those pesky worms that can live in water. I just pick them out as I see them and feed them to a Nep. Neem oil sounds like a good solution, as does removing plants and letting the pot dry out.

Back