What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giant $7 Cobra Plants

So my Lowe's has these huge cobra plant marked at half price.. If anyone wants any, just shoot me a PM and I'll middle man for you free of charge. Just pay purchase price and shipping.
$7ea. +shipping

IMG_1244.jpg

those are some big plants! i feel sorry for their rhizomes. so cramped!

Ohmygod count me in.

EDIT:
PM'd

HOLY COW. That is insane. I have never seen such a big death tuber before.

Nice...if Liz wan't giving me one I'd jump on that.

Wow, I sure would like some but I'm both broke and I have like 20 pots of cobras on my porch already. XD
~Joe

Would love to get one, but I am just afraid that a death cube cobra will be an uphill battle to keep alive. Aren't they supposed to be dormant right now?

If you can give it conditions like a highland Nep, it's possible to overwinter them indoors. I traded a cobra to somebody who grew it successfully inside with their Neps for a couple years before I lost track of them.
~Joe

man! I wish that was in canada. Sheesh! Jump on it guys....its almost impossible to find that size plants for sale openly.

Hey Joe, but probably wouldn't do too well in Central Texas? I would be growing it outdoors and temperatures easily get above 100. But they are beautiful plants.

My wife works at Lowes and can't even get the little ones LOL
PM sent and thanks a ton for making this available to people!
Andrew

PM sent, thank you very much!

@Baylorguy:
In Southern Oregon during the summer, it isn't uncommon to have lots of 100 degree temps. If anything, Texas humidity might be an issue, but I wouldn't know for sure.

Get close up of the label, I'd like to track down the company selling those.

Hey Joe, but probably wouldn't do too well in Central Texas? I would be growing it outdoors and temperatures easily get above 100. But they are beautiful plants.

For $7+shipping it might be worth a shot. I've seen my seed-grown plants endure some amazing heat, and the days are longer up here in the north. Some people build little shelters to keep their pots from warming up in the sun; cobras are mostly just sensitive at the roots. Protect the roots from extreme heat and the rest of the plant is pretty tough. My own strategy is to use oversized planters with really chunky media, with ample portions of live Sphagnum in the top layer.
Bottom line - unless you have heat waves where the nights don't cool down for many weeks at a time, you can probably do it. You might end up taking it inside and growing it by the A/C, or you might have to build a recirculating bog to keep the roots cool, but I don't see any reason to think you're doomed to failure.
~Joe

Oh wow, i wish I hadn't bought one at Lowes 2 weeks ago!

WOWZERS! Has anybody else seen these in other Lowe's locations? Would love to buy them locally.

PM'D asome DEAL HOW MUCH IS SHIPPING?

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

They have been at my lowe's but not that BIG!!!!!

I got one at my Lowes just before Xmas but not that price though and in the regular large square death cubes.

Back