Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: i am a redneck......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woah woah woah.
    Seriously?
    Can we show some civility and save the anger for PMs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GET R DONE!!! i hear u with hunting, butchering and all i grew up on a farm we had 283 head of cattle all dairy, All of wich went to NYC. We never had to buy milk, beaf, eggs or chicken. Now that i think about it we never had to buy much. We grew our own food and raised or own meat. No matter where we are in the world and no matter what we think ther is going to be someone who thinks other wise. We just need to realize there are millions of people out there and noones the same. So be kind and respectful for the fact that we are different. Imagine a world where we all were exactly the same. I dont knwo about u but that would be sooooooooooo boring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 8abug4fun View Post
    you were called a "redneck", not a "stupid redneck" because of the equally condescending and insulting way you said "figures you're from Calif." and the equally insulting & condescending way you sum up my(& other people's) arguments to "critters shouldn't be killed cuz they're cute & show some intelligence". I never said or implied that & i doubt you could restate any of my points with any accuracy whatsoever(without refering back to the archive).
    You have your way of living, behaving, surviving, etc.& sincerely, good for you, but don't present it on open discussion if you don't want to hear any comment about it and are going to be so deffensive of it, yourself & cd pinting quote. Do what you want but don't rub it in other people's faces if you don't want to hear other points of view and don't want to be open to questioning your own way of thinking, behaving, living. I respect some of your animal killing choices and reasoning and disagree with others. Several of your rationalizations are legitimate and many are hypocritical & contradictory & vague. your attitude toward others opinions & arguments are condescending & defensive so that you don't have to actually consider them or take them seriously.
    Good luck & living to you in beautiful Montana. you are blessed to be living in such a beautiful rich place.
    Live your life and dont get stressed out about what others say or think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree with gin, because at the end of the day does it really matter what others think? you are still you and im still me. And as for everyone, if you bring up a topic in the main chat you are bound to get ppls opinions. If u dont want theirs then dont write certain things. If you are going to disrepsect somone do it as PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presto View Post
    This is where I'm a little lost on the wolf issue, though. This justification for hunting, in that it keeps deer etc. populations in check, is based on the fact that natural predators are lacking. Wolves' numbers are rebounding, which ought to restore that balance as nature intended. Yet, hunters are pushing to hunt wolves, citing reasons such as their killing livestock. (Surely there must be a way of protecting livestock from wolves? Guard donkeys?) Other than that, I simply don't understand why allowing a natural top predator to rebound is a bad thing. Wouldn't it eliminate the "need" for hunters to hunt so many deer, etc? If there truly is that legitimate concern for keeping natural populations in balance, then why not allow them to return to equilibrium?
    couple facts on the wolf issue, before they "reintroduced" this larger northern Canadian wolf there were the prairie wolves here that were the natural part of the ecosystem.....anyone that spent any time in the back country new the wolves were there but they really never caused any issues.....the prairie wolves that were here also topped out at about 90 pounds.....they introduced a critter not native to the ecosystem, a wolf that on average is twice the size of the native prairie wolves.....

those reintroducing the wolves, introduced a wolf not native to the area, destroying the genetic pool that was here, and introduced an animal that is significantly larger in body size and runs in larger packs......be like me looking to reintroduce black bears to somewhere in the eastern US and deciding what the hell grizzlies are cooler lets turn them loose instead who cares that they were never there......

the recovery goal that was sold to us was 300 wolves for the region.....we now have 1700 of them which is 3 times what we were told 15 years ago the ecosystem could even handle.....they told us the wolves would eat an estimated 12 elk per wolf per year, they are eating closer to 22 as well as playing hell with livestock.....elk herds in the areas with wolves are crashing to the point they will not recover until wolves are drastically reduced in numbers.....the herds are loosing population three times as fast as can be replaced......

be like you working your rears off to save Sarrs in wetlands on your property, reintroducing the species that used to live there before being wiped out by over harvesting, getting them back up the healthy numbers with a population expanding to the point you can take a division now and then for yourself or to give to others and all the sudden a group steps in saying we dont care if its your land, we will control the numbers of Sarrs and then they decide what a healthy population is and take out 5 times the divisions you used to....

Montana is closing moose hunting districs and dropping the number of moose licenses at an alarming rate.....at this point it looks like i will never hunt moose in my home state though a short while ago their numbers were expanding nicely and they were getting back into habitat they had previously been absent from for the last 100 years.......

as to letting the wolves hunt and stop human hunting......human hunting of these animals is very controlled....its hunters that saved the elk and got it to expand into areas that they had been wiped out by hunters.....in 15 years the wolves are destroying what it took conservation minded hunters 60 years to achieve.....

large numbers of wolves have no place in the lower 48, their habitat is to fragmented, though Montana, Idaho and Wyoming have good sized tracks of wilderness area these areas are patchworked by humans......Alaska and Canada do not have such a problem which is why the wolf thrives up there even with unlimited hunting......there is no keeping wolf packs from livestock, guard donkeys and dogs work fine against 30 pound coyotes that work alone or in pairs, in the face of 5 adult wolves they become the main course.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Getting There...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One question I always have for people who are against pretty much any harm to life whatsoever: What are your thoughts on our complete eradication of some diseases?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rball0406 View Post
    If you are going to disrepsect somone do it as PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucanidae View Post
    Can we show some civility and save the anger for PMs?
    Actually, disrespect on this forum be it public or private should not happen. Rule #1, be nice.period. We understand that some topics get heated, and we're not about to jump in on any little thing. We want discussions! even touchy ones... So lets show our views, while respecting others. It's not too much to ask. (not saying any one has gotten out of line yet, I haven't actually read much of it but had to make these notes on these comments )
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been sitting back going through the thread, and although I was not present for the chat, I think I have an idea of who was involved I've always respected Rattler because he simply tells it how it is... period. Some don't like it, and one could argue that maybe a forum is not the most effective place for a "debate,” but I personally respect it.

Killing animals for food is absolutely acceptable in my opinion, and I will never understand those that take the cute little bambi approach as their means to argue against it... BUT, they are entitled to their opinion. I also think you hit the nail on the head when you said animal rights should not equal human rights... and I couldn’t agree more. I believe there is a clear hierarchy, and as much as some people don't like it, people are at the top. Now… it is up to us to not abuse our dominion, and I have a problem with people that do. But all of the hunters and country folks I know kill for a reason that is plenty good enough in my book.

I think the biggest thing this exchange has illustrated... is that we are by and large a product of our culture. Some people can think they are being judged by someone making a generalization about their region or state, but honestly, we all know there are very apparent differences in how the average person acts and how he or she believes… period. I was born in Twin Falls, ID and was raised in Texas. Though I would not personally hunt, I have NO problem with someone who does, as long as the animal does not die in vain. I do fish though... and I love it.

Of course, the grand irony of this thread is that there are those that are saying creatures feel pain, yet we all grow flesh eating plants... that utilize extremely cruel methods to capture their prey Too bad they can't simply shoot the fly with a shotgun.

Anyway, my two cents plus a few admittedly bad attempts at humor.

Phil

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast