Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: i am a redneck......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stray dogs and cats are cute critters, should we kill and eat them too?
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    silly larry....who knows what stray dogs and cats have been eating....especially in the city

but in all seriousness, it might just be me, but i feel weird eating tier 2 animals on the food chain....i'll keep my selection to the primary consumers....except for tuna....i love tuna.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a couple of fast food chains have already made this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    do you really want me to answer that?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
    I think a couple of fast food chains have already made this happen.
    lol, Gross. Though that would explain why the food just doesn't taste right.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rattler View Post
    those reintroducing the wolves, introduced a wolf not native to the area, destroying the genetic pool that was here, and introduced an animal that is significantly larger in body size and runs in larger packs......be like me looking to reintroduce black bears to somewhere in the eastern US and deciding what the hell grizzlies are cooler lets turn them loose instead who cares that they were never there......
    Ahh, okay. I didn't realize that it wasn't the same sort of wolf that was native to the area. I see what you're saying. That is pretty disturbing actually. Introducing still more foreign populations into an unbalanced ecosystem is almost guaranteed to not have the desired effect. There are still environmental management folks who haven't gotten that memo? Wow...
    -Emily

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We're already killing them... If there wasn't potential for a public health hazard, I'd say "go for it."

There are still environmental management folks who haven't gotten that memo? Wow...
    See: fire suppression. Plenty of good memos still going ignored.

i can point out to you what pasture the beef in my freezer was raised on, can you?
    I live in sissified, next-door-to-San-Francisco, tree-hugging Berkeley -- but yes, I can. My job has me working with dairy farmers and cattle ranchers in Marin County. I like to support their commitment to the environment with my dollars, when I can.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man that's sort of bruttle but youv'e got to eat.

Dude it's like oh hi deer nice to see you today see you later hey guys go get the 12 gauge HEYYYYYYYYYY DEERRRRRRRRRRRRR HAHHHHH! Yay i killed it .

JUST A JOKE OK!

Smile, it makes people nervous :) MH1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In India, some people eat rats...I'm sure most things nasty die after being cooked! I have have heard of many a suspicious curry that was definitely NOT goat : that's why the Indians spice food - to hide the taste of not-so-good meat.

To comment on this, I am pretty split on this discussion. I am practically a vegetarian, partly because I don't like killing animals (indirectly or not) but also because I'm not really that keen on the taste anyway. I respect people who 'cook it, kill it, eat it', as they actually understand the process behind it all, which is better than trying to ignore the connection between meat and animals. I think this has blown a bit out of proportion really, so long as it's not affecting you or damaging the environment, I don't really see the problem. If you are going to kick up a fuss about something like this, the fishing industry (I mean INDUSTRY, not individual fishers) is a better party to attack.

I'm quite amazed about this whole reintroduction of a non native species though! However, you may be 'controlling populations' of animals, but human kind can't really be called a 'native species'. We might have been around for a few thousand years, but how long have some of these animals been in America? Maybe this is a stupid point, but we do get wrapped up in ourselves sometimes, we only really belong in Africa... I'm not saying putting wrong predators in a place is good, it is very wrong, nor am I saying we should all just move to Africa, but it's just a thought... although I do understand it is to protect cattle etc... I just wanted to make the point... we so often get wrapped up in where we are 'from'. If the wrong wolves are being introduced, you really should kick up a fuss!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast