Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eew - A homemade Oracle of Delphi!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ewwww is right!

Anyone ever heard of Khat? Spelling may be off. This came up in an international business discussion. Apparently it is a widely used plant in India or SE Asia (can't remember). The leaves are chewed similar to coca in S. America.

Apparently, it causes a mild sense of euphoria and is relatively harmless in it's unrefined/natural state.
    Last edited by dashman; 01-25-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khat is VERY popular in the Somali & Muslim community where my dad used to live. He asked once what the bundles of sticks were and the guy at the shop said "it is spices for the women" but when I went down and looked I said "That's Khat the guys at work chew it all the time." Somalis do not drink caffeine but they do chew Khat and once they start feeling the effects they get very chatty and will talk your ears off! Supposedly the fresh stuff is far more psychoactive, the dried sticks are pretty crummy, I prefer drinking a bunch of Kona coffee! LOL

Of course the US government has outlawed Khat just don't tell 'em you can find (Khat) seeds on ebay...

More khat info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khat

This chart from the British medical Journal the Lancet on the Khat page above which rates drugs and their dependence/Physical harm rates is quite a nice graphic to study and consider which are legal and which are illegal.
    Last edited by swords; 01-26-2011 at 04:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only thing is i wouldnt bet my life on that chart, anabolic steriods and solvents can do nasty crap to your body, you would likely be better off smoking than huffing solvents......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I wouldn't suggest huffing solvents at all!

I did this once when I was like 10. Keep in mind that I lived a fairly innocent childhood and didn't realize what I was doing. I just liked the smell of gasoline. Well I took a few big wiffs and the next thing I remember is my mom pulling me off the floor of our garage. I told her what I did (as I said, it was pretty innocent) and she warned me that it was very dangerous. Lesson learned.

The damage solvents do is immediate and irreversable killing brain cells on contact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashman View Post

I did this once when I was like 10. Keep in mind that I lived a fairly innocent childhood and didn't realize what I was doing. I just liked the smell of gasoline. Well I took a few big wiffs and the next thing I remember is my mom pulling me off the floor of our garage. I told her what I did (as I said, it was pretty innocent) and she warned me that it was very dangerous. Lesson learned.

The damage solvents do is immediate and irreversable killing brain cells on contact.
    if we start comparing stupid crap we did when little either cause we didnt know better or because we thought we were invincible the most likely conclusion reached is its a miracle we didnt kill ourselves before reaching adulthood......

cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear you. LOL.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashman View Post

This story reminds me of when I was little, like five or six. I've always had bad allergies and my mom could never make me blow my nose, so I would constantly sniff. Then one day I saw a commercial saying that sniffing kills brain cells. I started crying and my mom asked me what was wrong and I told her that I was retarded.

Now thats childhood innocence lol.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast