What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Software for tracking plants?

• Thread starter dboeren
  • Start date
I was just wondering it anyone knows of any software for tracking CP collections.

Specifically what I'm looking for is to be able to log information and photos of my plants over time, some generic DB software may be able to do this but most DB's aren't as good at the "over time" part.

Ideally I'd like this to run on the iPhone, but if it's gotta be on the computer that's better than nothing.

If it can also provide periodic reminders for your watering, feeding, and other maintenance schedules that would be nice too but my main concern is tracking growth and pictures.

It doesn't have to specifically be written for plants either, looking in the iPhone app store some of the better candidates I've found so far were actually intended for pets or babies but share the "track growth over time" criteria.

Thanks!

amp can u pm me that link im at work now and wana download it when i get home but will most likly forget

Oh man!
I need to find some way to use this on my mac. :<

And this happens AFTER I get my growlist all categorized and detailed in Spreadsheet @_@

Thanks though :-D

I just downloaded YAY!

This is awesome.

"CP-Growlist" is a good DB, but for some reason it crashed on me - twice. All the info was deleted.

Sooo.... keep a spare file with necessary info handy :)

Oh man!
I need to find some way to use this on my mac. :<

Been working on this for a couple hours now. So far no luck with PlayOnMac or Crossover, going to try VirtualBox next...

Edit: Bah, VirtualBox requires a Windows install to work... Not sure what to try next at this point, or why what should be a simple VB app won't run under Wine.

"CP-Growlist" is a good DB, but for some reason it crashed on me - twice. All the info was deleted.

It does have a backup feature. Did that fail for you too?

CP-Growlist is pretty darn cool. Definitely starting to log my collection with it. Colors are a little questionable, though. o_O

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Also doesn't have a field for cultivar, which is strange given it does have fields for subspecies, variety, and form. Am I missing something?

This package requires .Net Framework 3.5 or higher to be installed in order to function. If you have the framework or the open source version installed under wine then it might work.

Been working on this for a couple hours now. So far no luck with PlayOnMac or Crossover, going to try VirtualBox next...

Edit: Bah, VirtualBox requires a Windows install to work... Not sure what to try next at this point, or why what should be a simple VB app won't run under Wine.
Doesn't work with Crossover? Mannnn.

It would be insanely awesome-tastic if someone made something very similar in web-form. That way, anyone could use it and you could access it from anywhere with internet. o_O

Any webmaster gurus around here? XD

It would be insanely awesome-tastic if someone made something very similar in web-form. That way, anyone could use it and you could access it from anywhere with internet. o_O

Any webmaster gurus around here? XD

I'm no guru, but potentially we could set up a database on that server you have.

I'm no guru either, but I have limited knowledge with HTML and PHP. It's probably quite rusty since it's been a few years, but I'd be more than willing to bust the oil out. And I am known to have freakish dedication to accomplishing a goal. I'd be so happy to do something if anyone would be willing to give it a try.

I have been using this program for several months and while I like a lot it has also crashed on me too. I want to update to the newest version, but have been unable to find the files that it warns to backup before updating.

I, also would suggest keeping a spare file just in case....

I'd totally be willing to give it a try!
That way I could access it no matter where I was at.
Unless I was internet-less. D:

Unless I was internet-less. D:
In which case, you'd have bigger problems to worry about! XD

Really, though, if anyone comes along that's willing to work on something, I have way too much webspace to do it with, LOL. Not to mention unlimited SQL databases, soooo...

Back