User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For yourself, for your loved ones...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The place I work fill the flu / h1n1 bulks into syringes. We are offered a shot right from one of the released batches in house by the company nurse. I always get one ! Seriously guys why would the company offer these shots up to employees if they thought it might hurt their workforce ? They wouldn't. I'm in the quality area so we check and double check and then check again. It's all good by my guys !

Sorry to hear about your friends girlfriend. All I can say is that if your in a higher risk group there shouldn't be a second thought. Git 'er done.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Getting There...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fully respect any decisions people make about their own bodies, including abstaining from vaccines, but it also scares me when people might choose the same thing for their children and/or warn against them. Vaccines are used because they have a positive health benefit. A vast majority of studies agree with this also.
    Either way, I feel for people who have been harmed on both sides of this issue.
    Kyle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vbkid View Post
    I fully respect any decisions people make about their own bodies, including abstaining from vaccines, but it also scares me when people might choose the same thing for their children and/or warn against them. Vaccines are used because they have a positive health benefit. A vast majority of studies agree with this also.
    Either way, I feel for people who have been harmed on both sides of this issue.
    Kyle
    never could quite figure out the parents that say no to vaccines for their kids because of mercury that is in a few but not all of them but insist their kids eat tuna.....a large tuna sandwich contains more mercury than all the vaccines you will get in your entire life.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't this years H1N1 flu vacine contain last years strain or does H1N1 not mutate like all other types of flu.

That's the main reason I don't get the flu shot. Well that and the fact I rarely ever get sick due to diet, excercise, and vitamins.

My oldest son got H1N1 the first year it was out. Wasn't much more than a common cold to him. None of the rest of us in our house got sick.

I am indifferent when it comes to the flu shot. I am sure it helps some, but if you are healthy and have a healthy immune system your body can most likely handle influenza IMHO. Of course, I am not a doctor so who cares what I say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i would but i got a shot and i still GOT IT! that's why i don't take them any more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashman View Post
    Doesn't this years H1N1 flu vacine contain last years strain or does H1N1 not mutate like all other types of flu.

That's the main reason I don't get the flu shot. Well that and the fact I rarely ever get sick due to diet, excercise, and vitamins.

My oldest son got H1N1 the first year it was out. Wasn't much more than a common cold to him. None of the rest of us in our house got sick.

I am indifferent when it comes to the flu shot. I am sure it helps some, but if you are healthy and have a healthy immune system your body can most likely handle influenza IMHO. Of course, I am not a doctor so who cares what I say.
    this years H1N1 vaccine isnt just that strain like the one last year, it also contains two other strains.....

and keep in mind the vaccine isnt for the normal knock you on your rear for a couple days strains that most everyone gets every year....the vaccine is for strains that have the potential to kill otherwise normal healthy ppl.....the vaccine isnt for the strains than make you feel like crap, its for the ones that tend to kill ppl....
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, good to know. Yes, I know H1N1 is supposed to be pretty high powered compared to other flu strains and it is definately something you need to weigh yourself as to if you need a flu shot or not.

But again I think your overall health is the best defense against disease. The problem with most Americans is that they are vitamin deficient with weakened immune systems, normally dehydrated too.

But I digress. Flu shots can help.

Sorry for your loss Est.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as i said though.....the shot isnt for the strains that make you and me sick and might kill some elderly ppl, its for the strains that take a normally perfectly healthy young adult and put them in the ground......H1N1 isnt as strong as they figured it was gonna be but it had all the warning signs of being a major global killer......the other thing that helped is that it was close enough to a different strain that was in a vaccine years ago that ppl that received that vaccine had an immunity to it which helped it from spreading aswell.....
    cervid serial killer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12