Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Egypt

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod30 View Post
    I really don't think you would want to see gas at $5.00 A GAL.

Hotrod30
    I have paid 5 dollars "A GAL" before. We survived.

Though, granted, if you are driving an overtly thirsty Hotrod, you will be more disappointed than me.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    I have paid 5 dollars "A GAL" before. We survived.

Though, granted, if you are driving an overtly thirsty Hotrod, you will be more disappointed than me.
    lol, trust me, I can afford it. The country can't.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I don't know what to tell you, there are always bicycles and car-pooling...

The point I was making was not how much we are willing to pay at the pump, but what we should be working towards to get away from the pump altogether.

Because either way, the Egyptian people have formed a Revolution. If they don't want to be friendly with our usage of the Suez canal, than oh well, who would blame them? After all, it's our tear gas and rubber bullets that have been fired at them. It's the dictator that we have been paying a Billion and a half dollars to every year that they are trying to defeat.

The worst thing we could do now would be to continue to aggravate that area of the world.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    America ought to get it's hands off all the nations they're meddling in. Washington is already trying to "guide" this revolution....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well History has shown, that you can't beat the people. Not in the long run anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if any of you have seen this, but it left me speechless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThvBJ...eature=related
    Growlist
    IN HOC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Mubarak is stepping down and handing power over to the military...
    After all that military aid we've given them, the Egyptian brass wouldn't want to lose that so I'm guessing they are going to be "cool" with us.
    A couple of points I'd like to state: There's a difference between mob-rule and democracy. Beware of the Tyranny of the Majority. Hitler was elected. The price of gas isn't the only thing the price of oil determines.

I really hope for a real transition to a true democracy for the Egyptians. This looks to be a historic moment!

Anyone ever read or seen Persepolis by any chance? It is an interesting point of view of one persons experiences of the Iranian Revolution in an entertaining and easily-digested format.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, looks like it will be meet the new boss same as the old boss.

Most people do not support tyranny. But most people usually do not recognize it until it is too late. It usually comes into being in small incremental steps right under our noses and under false pretenses.

I saw this quote somewhere and it has stuck with me for some reason. Seems fitting to use it now. "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." Thomas Jefferson Good to see the people of good conscience in Egypt finally speaking up.

I have never read it. I will look Persepolis up tonight. Sounds interesting to hear another point of view from an eye witness.
    Last edited by dashman; 02-11-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast