What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my art glass works in progress

• Thread starter Millipede
  • Start date
the octopi are a big hit! ive been selling a lot of them lately. heres my newest one

1.jpg

Wow that's a beautiful flytrap clone
You should have it registered as a cultivar with the ICPS:grin:

That's fantastic!

i can't believe i forgot about this thread! ive come a long ways.. still need to work on more flytraps and pitcher plants though.. those damn octopi really took over for a long time :/ Ive started making fish lately..

IMG_0129_zps7f4e708b.jpg

DSC06776_zps8f7137fe.jpg

Adorable fish! I like them all.

really cool stuff

These will soon be for sale. I just made a bunch more listings of things in my shop but i don't have time right now to get creative with a full discription for these pots.. I'll just post them here for now :)

IMG_0151_zps618a728b.jpg

IMG_0160_zpsd5f83bd4.jpg

I'm so ordering one of those pots!

Do they come with the plants? :D

this stuff is soooooo AWESOME!!:laaa:

you should make a heliamphora! that would be so cool!

a sundew would be even cooler! i don really know a thing about glass art, but i am guessing that a sundew would be really hard to make, with all the intricate little tentacles.

heliamphora, on the other hand, have a pretty simple shape, basicly just a rolled up tube with a little"spoon" on the end. i would love to see you make one! i woul definately buy it!

'Really nice work, Millipede. :bigthumpup:

I really like your work! I live in a coastal tourist town, and we have a ton of glass blowers around. I really like the stuff you do better than the glass "floats" they mass produce.

Dude, I've said it before but I just stumbled upon this thread again, but I love your work! I used to do some lamp working and I have mucho respecto for what you do. I LOVE those octopuses and the little pots. I really hope some of those are up for auction. Also I didn't find a link to your shop here, maybe I missed it or you didn't post it. But I'd love to buy some of your work either way. I've been looking for a nice glass pot or two for a while and all I can find is stupid chinese made cheap glass jars that say "faded" or "heady nugg" on them on head shops and I'm getting fed up with it here. Anyway, hope to have some plants sitting in your pots soon. And perhaps a glow in the dark octopus to guard my plants after the lights go out. It would be super bright after sitting under grow lights :p Keep it up!

*edit oops I'm an idiot I read all but the first page lol. And that Dichro octopus is killer!!

speaking of jars.. i make little keychain jars too. The other day i made my very first "inside-out" jar..

20130328_230202_zps5890a1f8.jpg

i made a few of these.. I thought they would sell quickly but i guess not

I pulled down some tubing the other night so i think ill try making a couple pitcher plants. I think Brie will like that :)

The bulgy eyes on the frog make it irresistible to look at! I just bought a dwarf African frog too!

Wow man! Thats very cool !

i don't know if I ever told you the necklace I bought from you was a big hit.
And thank you again for your excessive generosity. those little pinguicula pots are nothing short of artistic genius

Back