What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia 'Judith Hindle' in trouble!

I came home to find my cat chewing on one of my S. 'Judith Hindle' pitcher. it was the biggest out of all of them and it now missing its top. it was the tallest out of all the pitchers but wasnt opened up yet. i need to know if it will live and regrow a new top or if it will stay as it is. it also has a little piece of it hanging on but it is torn off. will the picther leaf live?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well..The damage done to the pitcher leaf is permanent, but your plant will send up new pitcher leaves, so it wont actually harm the plant in the long run.

Well..The damage done to the pitcher leaf is permanent, but your plant will send up new pitcher leaves, so it wont actually harm the plant in the long run.
does that mean the leaf will die? or will it continue to grow with its missing top?

It will most likley keep growing with it's missing top and it shouldn't grow a new top.

The leaf wont die..but it also wont grow a new top.
If the pitcher was already "open" its probably finished growing, and wont grow anymore..
just cut off the "cat damaged" section and leave the rest of the leaf as-is..
it will still benefit the plant, because the remaining leaf will still photosynthesize..

overall, this isnt a big to the plant..

Scot

Last edited by a moderator:
Back