What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wow thez, I guess some plants dont take well to your tough love. That really sucks :/ I hope your hamata red hairy pulls through.

Ugh sorry to see your plants getting hammered. I know I get very discouraged when mine die. One can invest so much time into them as tthey grow slow, and to lose them is frustrating and $$$. Hope your luck turns.

Darlingtonia californica, trying to grow em at 53°N outdoors:

Darlingtonia_Disease1.jpg

I purchased my mother plant in March, 2010.
It died in fall/winter 2010/11.
But new plantlets sprouted from the roots in spring, 2011.
The photo shows the two biggest newly sprouted plantlets (some weeks ago).

A Sarracenia x Mitchelliana in the same mini-bog (peat) is thriving last year and this year.

Bumpety bump! Show me what you're messing up :awesome:

I recently got rid of tons of stuff that looked like garbage except for a variegated vanilla vine. I'm not sure what's wrong with it, but I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that I received it in a pot of peat and repotted to orchid bark. I'm guessing lfs : perlite would have been a better decision, so when I get a few neps this week I'll try to repot it too... maybe :suspect:. The vine is currently half-dead but I'm hoping I don't kill it for real. Also, D.adelae:
DSC_0001-24.jpg

With Darlingtonia last years pitchers tend to dry up and turn brown just before/as the new pitchers start coming up. Check the growth point for new activity. Mine are just starting to push out new pitchers.

Wow - can't hang too long around this thread - bad mojo - don't want my plants getting any new nasty ideas, they've got enough of their own :0o: <<Run Forest Run...>>

@NaN: Jesse's post on his Cobra's was last Nov ...

Wow - can't hang too long around this thread - bad mojo - don't want my plants getting any new nasty ideas, they've got enough of their own :0o: <<Run Forest Run...>>

@NaN: Jesse's post on his Cobra's was last Nov ...

Haha, hanging out with the wrong crowd? :p

The cobra might just be waking up now though so it might still be relevant? Mine are just sending up new pitchers now, but of course, somehow all my temperate plants have a 2-3 month delay from everyone else's...

The cobra might just be waking up now though so it might still be relevant?
Absolutely - I just figured maybe Warren hadn't noticed the date. However, his post to error ratio is probably better than anyone on the forum & therefore my assumption is likely invalid ... :-O :crazy: :lol:

Absolutely - I just figured maybe Warren hadn't noticed the date. However, his post to error ratio is probably better than anyone on the forum & therefore my assumption is likely invalid ... :-O :crazy: :lol:

Oh yes yes. Did not mean to offend :hail:

Back