What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

took the bird dog for a run.....

since its 23* sunny and still i thought there would be kids at the sledding hill but only thing there were some grouse given its been a hard winter for critters we let them be and looked elsewhere for a spot for Jake to run.....
IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

not alot of places to take him, most the side roads i usually access the lil coulees from are only passable by snowmobile....did find one though and turned him loose....
IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

Great shots, don't envy you the snow. Is Jake a JSP? I used to raise them.

GSP, German Shorthair Pointer........though they are an all around dog from upland bird to blood trailing big game and not a dedicated bird pointer.....

dud..fingerslip..I meant GSP. Mine were fanatics on birds, death to snakes and fox and as protective as dobermans, but silent. After all, they were bred to aid poachers.

no they were bred so the common man could do the most hunting with only one dog.......before the breed was developed most hunting was limited to nobles who could have a kennel with many different dedicated hunting dogs, individual dogs for upland birds, waterfowl, foxes, bloodhounds ect, some wealthy nobels had kennels with 100 dogs.....GSP's came into being when it became more and more common for the average man to hunt....they were bred to do a bit of everything and also be a good, well mannered house dog......the men who developed the breed most defiantly were not poachers.....

and if your dog is silent in anything but hunting you had weird ones, they are one of the most vocal, whining breeds ive ever come across.....they are quiet on the hunt but all bird dogs are...English Pointers are just as quiet as have been every lab and spaniel ive hunted behind........

Back