What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good cp books

I did a quick search but came up empty handed. Can anyone recommend any good books on CP's specifically on drosera and pings.

Thanks,

Andrew

Growing Carnivorous Plants by Adrian Slack, and The Savage Garden by Peter D'Amato sure won't steer you wrong.

Great thanks. I'll take a look at those two.

Stewart McPherson has one out on the sticky leaved CP's.....called Glistening Carnivores or something like that......pics are excellent.....

I second the Savage Garden by Peter D'Amato. If you order it from him directly, he will sign it for you. I like the book because he discusses techniques to growing that are more along my lines.... jerry rigging and growing in some less than optimal conditions such as windowsills. At $25 bucks it is a lot cheaper than many of the out of print books, that contain some out of date information as well.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through the first volume of Stewart McPherson's "Carnivorous Plants at Their Habitats"... I'm absolutely captivated by it... Can't wait to start volume 2, and I definitely recommend it as a companion piece to "The Savage Garden."

As a nice coffee table book, Barry Rice's "Growing Carnivorous Plants" also fits the bill...

Ugg I need to get Stewart McPherson's books I just need to spend the money on them!

Spendy! I agree with all of the above answers, they are all great books.

Back