What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My band's debut single

Nitecrawler

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior
My roommate and I released our first single today for our band, Board Meeting. We both play synthesizers; he took piano lessons for ten years, and I did for three years in addition to self-taught guitar, drums, and anything else I can get my hands on. This project is completely electronic, and we don't really have any goals in mind other than to release a nicely self-edited EP. I'd like to play some gigs down here in the LA area if we can.

The first song is called Swooner and originally had vocals which we removed because we thought the complexity of the instrumental was enough for the listener to focus on. We added some synth solos in its place.

We're trying to garner some support for our facebook page, Board Meeting, so if you like it, like the page and we'll keep you posted on new releases!

Song: link
Facebook page: link

Thanks for listening!

Nice job Nitecrawler. I listened to the whole song and it is good stuff!

Phil

Nice song! It's got a real interesting sound to it. I kept think thinking the only way I can describe it would be "Electronica Synth R and B" - without words. It's a neat sound and it sounds like you two could definitely get some sweet tones together. I especially like the ending riffs.

Yeah, that does sound good. Being a fan of New Wave, I can appreciate this composition.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

We'll have ya sounding like Flock of Seagulls in no time!

nice! I like it..
I dont know if you are looking for suggestions or not! ;)
but I will offer them anyway..

1. I think the intro could be cut down a bit..the first minute of the song seems a bit repetitive to me,
and perhaps "too long"..

2. I assume the "synth voice" is actually saying something?
I cant make it out..cant understand what he is saying.

but overall, very cool!
icon-thumbsup.gif

Scot

Thanks all for listening to it. Yeah, we realize that the vocoder is difficult to understand. We figured it didn't really matter. The song used to have full vocals and the vocoder says, "My melody puts me to sleep at night," which made sense with the rest of the vocals.

Yeah, the intro is long, but we wanted it to have a jammy feel. Not as repetitive as most electronic songs..hah. At least current house/techno style songs.

Thanks for the input :]

Nitecrawler I have a question:

Do you have to have a facebook account to have a soundcloud account?

oh, a fellow Bruin! hey yeah! :wave:

This is some hot s:censor:t

Nice work, man. Real fat synth sounds. What gear are you using? How about recording equipment? Sounds like you're running all the tracks direct? How about programmed drums? Is that a virtual instrument or an 808 or similar?

Nice debut - looking forward to hearing more

Nitecrawler I have a question:

Do you have to have a facebook account to have a soundcloud account?

Nope, you don't need a facebook account for soundcloud.

What gear are you using? How about recording equipment? Sounds like you're running all the tracks direct? How about programmed drums? Is that a virtual instrument or an 808 or similar?

We're using my Alesis Micron and a Korg MicroKorg going into a little Lexicon Lambda input box (usb) into Adobe Audition. I want to get Logic to try it out and see if it's better; I've heard it is, but I've been using Audition and know my way around it. All the tracks are direct and played by us.

The drums are from my Micron and, yeah, it's the 808 kit. I just programmed the one beat in the song. I'm going to start using Ableton for drums since it will allow me to make the beats more dynamic. I admit the one beat is kind of lazy, but it fits well.

HEy I didnt read all the other comments, but is this all computerized? I play druims and can record from either my acoustic or electric set and work with you guys if youneed a dru track give me a shout by pm or email..

I like it btw

Nitecrawler, that's an awesome song; I have to say that I am impressed! I think I would like to hear the song with the vocals intact, though it sounds like you and your roommate know what you're doing.

In 1998, Carrot Top starred in a movie. Before the movie came out, Courtney Thorne-Smith (from Melrose Place) was on Conan O'Brien's old show. She mentioned that she was co-starring in the movie. Norm MacDonald was also a guest on the show. He said that because it starred Carrot Top, a good name for movie would be, "Box Office Poison". That got a good laugh out of the audience. Eventually Courtney mentioned that the movie is actually called Chairman of the Board. Conan taunted Norm, daring him to come up with another joke. So Norm said, "I bet the Board is spelled B-o-r-e-d." It was one of the funniest things I've heard Norm say. So, when you get rich and famous and become a guest on Conan with Norm MacDonald, don't mention that your band is called Board Meeting, unless the word Board is meant to be a pun for Bored...

Really great music! Good luck on Conan.

Hey guys, new song is up:

Gets His

This one is a bit more dynamic.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

So, when you get rich and famous and become a guest on Conan with Norm MacDonald, don't mention that your band is called Board Meeting, unless the word Board is meant to be a pun for Bored...

Haha. I'll be sure not to make that mistake.

HEy I didnt read all the other comments, but is this all computerized? I play druims and can record from either my acoustic or electric set and work with you guys if youneed a dru track give me a shout by pm or email..

I like it btw

That's awesome, we might be looking to feature some other artists; do you have any of your work on the interwebs?

Wow. I like that song a lot more than your first. That is some quality Electronic Jam. I really like the ending solo, and especially the last section of the solo, really good stuff.

Keep it up! :)

The King Cricket EP is shaping up nicely. Great work, gentlemen!

Last edited:
Just wanted to update you guys. We have three tracks total now. We were trying to get 4 or 5 done by Summer, but my computer power supply died, so it doesn't look good.

Check out our new song in the meantime though! It's a lot faster than our other songs, and kind of 8-bit video game sounding.

www.soundcloud.com/board-meeting

And thanks for all the kind comments!

Last edited:
Back