Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowing out...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bowing out...

I will be keeping a few plants, but for the most part, most are being sold off/given out to new homes because i am moving, and have too much to take care of outside of the hobby, so other than a few Cephalotus, Nepenthes, and dews, most of my collection will be going off to new homes. Does not mean i will not be here from time to time, but it was bound to happen some day...
    plants i owe people, will of course go the the people i owe them to, but other than that, 90% of the collection is going to go... Its been fun guys.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 03-12-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: N. A. - Cephalotus, not cephs; Nepenthes, not neps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SK,
    There are definately more important things in life. I wish you success in all of your future endeavours. Good luck to you and your budding family. I suspect we will all be seeing you again in the future. Hope I get to know you better when that day comes. We've had a few interactions, but not near enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is definitely no goodbye, ill still be growing a few plants here and there...
    so its more of a, ill see you around... here and there sort of thing, who knows.
    i might be back after i get settled in at the new house, though i am currently wanting to build a savings for my baby, should something horrible happen, he wont be left completely empty handed...

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear it, but good on ya for looking after your boy's best interests. In light of this, that thing I wanted to talk with you about is all the more relevant.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Hort. School dropout X 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is with deep sadness to hear this news,I know what a good grower and trader that your are.and how you love these plants. (Your first babies )Your fiance and son trumps out all the plants in the world
    Safe journey you move onto this new part of your life(((((((()))))))
    Every seed that you plant ,doesn't sprout.
    Every seed that sprouts, doesn't make it to maturity.
    Every cutting that you stick doesn't grow roots.
    Every cutting that roots doesn't grow to a small plant.
    Every small plant doesn't reach maturity.

Who needs speelcheck?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my timing truly sux, your plant has been officially shipped and is on its way...

do with as you want, no worries mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have enjoyed viewing all the wonderful pictures of your plants you have uploaded. good luck with everything. hope to see you around still.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post
    This is definitely no goodbye, ill still be growing a few plants here and there... so its more of a, ill see you around... here and there sort of thing, who knows.
    I agree with your priorities but as you mention, you may be back ... Many of us have been through different stages of our lives and our various 'hobbies' tend to expand and shrink as other priorities rise to the top. If possible, I recommend keeping one of your prized plants (SG hamata?) as this grows in a windowsill in your house, you can periodically take cuttings and trade them for other cool plants (or cash - if need be...) Remember that some of these plants truly can be an investment that keeps on giving (& not just a frivolous green thing to stare at...)

Best of luck with the new house, wife, baby, .... (not necessarily in that order...)
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast