What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NHK World News English Version (Japan)

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
They're downplaying the danger with the spent fuel pools. The spent fuel is still hot enough to evaporate the water. Once the spent fuel is exposed to air it will combust releasing radioactive material into the atmosphere. The walls of at least one of the pools has been damaged by one of the blasts - total of four explosions as of Tuesday Morning.

What is the validity/probability of radioactive particles hitting the west coast of the US or Hawaii ?

Last edited:
If I had to guess I would say that the possibility of radiation reaching us in some form is all too real, though you wont find me buying iodine tablets.

I can say that, I personally, do not support nuclear energy of any kind any longer. It's just absurd the risk that we are putting ourselves in - what with fault lines and radiation being in such close proximity...

Boy it's a good day to be a money manager. First the USD/JPY drops like a ton of bricks, then the Fed announces it is buying this currency pair and it shoots up 1.70+ Yen. About 1 Yen above pre-quake levels. 6 yen (~$0.0779) from its bottom.

At 1000:1 margins, a 1000 dollar investment would have netted you $750-1000 in less than 24 hours if you bought at the right time. That ship has already set sail. Now I would imagine a correction back to pre-quake levels in the next few days so there is more money to be made on the way down by selling this pair short. May just have to test my theory there on the microFX exchange.

Last edited:
Back