What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skeeters

• Thread starter larry
  • Start date
Found these mosquito larvae in a bucket of water. Been hoping the mommas would lay their eggs in it and they finally did. I'll take more photos when they turn into pupae, and if I'm lucky, I'll get to witness an adult mosquito hatching. I got them in a closed container, no worries about escapees ;)

5538458918_58154da06e_b.jpg

5538458770_ba358eacc0_b.jpg

5538458606_cab0a37bc9_b.jpg

5550408091_dabece97dc_b.jpg

5550407827_373bce6ff4_b.jpg

5550407599_c321ac5613_b.jpg

Nasty little bugers.

Ewww... if you pour bleach on them, they just dissolve. (I had to clean out containers at an animal and science center, and used a weak bleach solution on things that were particularly nasty)

Hmm... am i weird, because they look cute to me :p

Who knows, they could even have your blood coursing through their bodies.....

That is some INTENSE macro photography! Your photos show such detail, and kinda make the little devils look cute... :p Good luck spotting them hatching; are you going to try and capture them on tape when they hatch?

That is some INTENSE macro photography! Your photos show such detail, and kinda make the little devils look cute... :p Good luck spotting them hatching; are you going to try and capture them on tape when they hatch?

It would be awesome if I could record a video of one of them emerging from the water. I have video of them just wriggling around, I'll have to upload that to youtube.

Wow those are fantastic shots!

Amazing pictures :D what kind of lens did you use ?

Wow those are some wickedly detailed photos! I never considered raising those for observation/pets or whatever it is you are doing.

They are very interesting creatures and thank you for sharing the intense close-ups.

Wow those are some wickedly detailed photos! I never considered raising those for observation/pets or whatever it is you are doing.

They are very interesting creatures and thank you for sharing the intense close-ups.

Happy to share. They most definitely aren't pets, I will kill them when the time comes.

Whewwww, just breathtaking, Larry!
:0o:

So they finally molted into their pupae form. :)

5598929539_840d3e767e_b.jpg

5598929419_f02e31a6fb_b.jpg

5598929203_274a28ee45_b.jpg

That is so awesome. I love that you can see the scrunched up quasi adult form inside.

Very cool!

Wow :0o: those are amazing photos!

Back