What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thez_yo

instigator
Here's pics!

Pinguicula flower
P3250016.jpg

Sarracenia flava rubricorpora flower closeup
P3250015.jpg

Sarracenia rosea luteolata
P3250013.jpg

Nepenthes densiflora x truncata 'King of Spades' still working on it..
P3250012.jpg

Nepenthes veitchii x boschiana
P3250011.jpg

Nepenthes villosa AW
P3250010.jpg

Nepenthes villosa BE
P3250009.jpg

Sphagnum buckets with Utricularia nelumbifolia weeds :p
P3250008.jpg

Utricularia nelumbifolia flower *still* working on it
P3250007.jpg

Drosera scorpioides pot growing for the NASC
P3250006.jpg

New Cephalotus (German Giant, Vigorous, and leaf pullings of Czech Giant and Emu Point)
P3250005.jpg

Sarracenia flava rubricorpora flower opening already.. everything else is *just* waking up too.
P3250004.jpg

VFT/Cobra/Sundew minibog with new glass VFT stake!
P3250003.jpg

Staghorn fern - Platy. bifurcatum
P3250002.jpg

Tillies and my new glass octopus from our own!
P3250001.jpg

And delicious dinner!
P3250017.jpg

Everything looks great......not sure about dinner though. :lol:

Very nice Thez, that Nepenthes densiflora x truncata 'King of Spades' still has quite a bit to go judging by the wings. Looks like a very promising hybrid.

rlly nice platy, did you mount it yourself ?

You were doing good until you got to that dinner. I will never eat sushi again.. Back in October I got terrible food poisoning from some bad sushi.

And where did you get those cephs from!?!?! :hail:

Everything looks great......not sure about dinner though. :lol:

Haha... thanks, and you're totally wrong =^.^=

Very nice Thez, that Nepenthes densiflora x truncata 'King of Spades' still has quite a bit to go judging by the wings. Looks like a very promising hybrid.

Thanks :) It's a gorgeous hybrid, grows like a weed, and has very attractive leaves to boot - here's some previous shots of the plant and pitchers just so everyone can see how awesome it is:
P3010006.jpg

PA010011.jpg

PA220040.jpg

rlly nice platy, did you mount it yourself ?

Thanks! I'm excited that there's multiple plants on the mount! I didn't do it myself - that's how they sell them here. There's a fancier store that has more than just the species that I got, but I only had room for one and I remembered you suggested this one so I bought it (and I think it looks cute too :p).

You were doing good until you got to that dinner. I will never eat sushi again.. Back in October I got terrible food poisoning from some bad sushi.

And where did you get those cephs from!?!?! :hail:

Well... I'm lucky (*knock on wood*) that I haven't gotten sick from it yet, and I've been eating sushi for 10 years now. It helps that I'm right near the coast too :p

...and they magics'd into existance :p

Amazing plants, nice to see everything growing nicely for you. Your sarrs look nice and awake.

Ha, back home the idea is to let the food rot until it's safe to eat again. There's a pot of soybeans that has been sitting in the yard for the last 5 years. Mold is growing everywhere over it. Mom tells me that that's perfectly normal.

Your plants are gorgeous, and that dinner looks amazing O.O

the plants look great Zu and ummmm pass the wasabi pleaseeeeeeeeeee

how old are your tillandsia? did you grow that big clump yourself or did it come that way?

Hmm... the big pink one you mean? This is it when it first came to me (and it's grown in diameter a couple centimeters and produced pups since...):
P1100003.jpg

It/they came from Home Depot, from this place: http://www.rainforestflora.com/index.php

I like your airplants. Nice glass vft, can you take more pics of it?

nice collection there :) i used to have several until my cats got to them and had a whole lot of fun while i was gone. now i just have a single caput-medusa species. it grows real slow. what do you use to fertilize yours? i soak mine every few weeks when i notice the leaves curling. i just mix a bit of miracle grow in the water and soak it overnight

Thanks, and for sure - here you go (and some helis :p):

P3250023.jpg

P3250024.jpg

P3250025.jpg

Heliamphora--
P3250018.jpg

H.heterodoxa x minor
P3250019.jpg

H.minor
P3250020.jpg

H.minor
P3250022.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

nice collection there :) i used to have several until my cats got to them and had a whole lot of fun while i was gone. now i just have a single caput-medusa species. it grows real slow. what do you use to fertilize yours? i soak mine every few weeks when i notice the leaves curling. i just mix a bit of miracle grow in the water and soak it overnight

I mist them at whim, because they hang outside, and occasionally I throw them into a big bowl with either orchid fert (same stuff I use for the Heliamphora), or some weak coffee-water (same weak solution as for the Nepenthes).

Everything is looking really beautiful!! I love how you placed that glass VFT in with your dews,VFT's and Cobra plant. Keep up the good growing.

Everything is looking really beautiful!! I love how you placed that glass VFT in with your dews,VFT's and Cobra plant.
Agree!! That little glass VFT is a cool touch :hail:

I also like how your H. minor's are looking. In general, I think many people overlook minor's because they may be one of the most common Heli's - but really, they are also one of the most attractive - beautiful shape and colorful hoods - much more attractive than some of the other less-common species imho...

I agree... just cuz it's cheaper to buy than its cousins doesn't mean it isn't a beauty :p And I actually got this one as an 'extra' in a big order, and love it more than than my surly little H.pulchella collection that I mostly had to buy :lol:

New Cephalotus (German Giant, Vigorous, and leaf pullings of Czech Giant and Emu Point)
P3250005.jpg

I've never heard of Cephalotus "Emu Point", is this a new clone and what characteristics does it have that gives rise to the name?

Back