What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fail!

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
*rolls eyes*

100_9720.jpg
:-( :0o: ???

This Happened to me with my first heli flower...

Yup - just had that last week with my 1st U. nelumbifolia flower stalk. Not sure if it got too close to the lights or I let the plant dry out too much (or both) .... ???

Happened to the few Sarr flowers I kept >_<
Although I think torrential rains and winds might've helped >_>

Well that sucks :(

Sad day! Sorry man =/

My vote goes towards lack of air circulation. If a plant is exposed to constant breezes, or small winds, than it will be forced to make more structurally solid scapes or leaves.

My large houseplants have the same problems, and my stagnant terrarium air has had that effect on some of my dews or Utricularia leaves.

Always happens to the ones you want to use.

This has happened to me before... It's definitely annoying.

Last edited:
taking pics I snapped off my S. rosea (purpurea ssp venosa var burkii ) flower ......

My vote goes towards lack of air circulation. If a plant is exposed to constant breezes, or small winds, than it will be forced to make more structurally solid scapes or leaves.

It's totally exposed to the air, obviously under fluorescent lights, right at a south-facing set of glass doors, watered every couple days. IDK

Sad stuff. I just snapped off the pitcher forming tip on one of my neps the other day. I was messing around in the vivarium and knocked it into the fan, and the fan chopped it clean off. Then, on my N. truncata's newest leaf, the pitcher forming tip just fell off, and it looked like some bug had chewed it apart :(

It's totally exposed to the air, obviously under fluorescent lights, right at a south-facing set of glass doors, watered every couple days. IDK

Do you have a fan on it? Because the air movement within a house is generally not strong enough to make plants focus on structural integrity. I have the same problem with all my house plants, they make tall big leaves that are kind of delicate. I put my Bird of Paradise outside one Summer and a slight breeze bent it's outrageously large leaves! Sad story.

Did it hit the light?

No fan. None necessary. I think it hit the light. One would think that it would have the sense not to...

Similar to "Bud blast" on flowering plants, you almost get there then BAM, FAILURE. It happens. Shrug and try again!

Back