What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Article on possible new form of Nepenthes edwardsiana

Soopaman

Wants a Hamata
I was just browsing around the internet earlier and came across an article detailing what may be a new form of Nepenthes edwardsiana that exhibits a much darker, even somewhat purple peristome and shorter, more orange pitcher. Field biologist Richard Astley has described it as the most amazing Nepenthes he has ever seen, and is currently trying to get approval to name it Nepenthes edwardsiana var. astleyius.

It's currently debated whether or not it may be an entirely new species, or a cross between two. Anyhow, you can find the full article HERE!

And one of the photo's shown in the article:

Nepenthes edwardsiana var. astleyius

nastley.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You Got me man! :lol:

so poorly photoshopped.....XD

That sucks...looks better than a real Nepenthes edwardsiana!

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, no one needs "permission" in choosing new botanical plant names, just need to follow the rules in order for them to be in the correct format and appropriately published, for a chance they will be acceptable, and accepted.

FYI, no one needs "permission" in choosing new botanical plant names, just need to follow the rules in order for them to be in the correct format and appropriately published, for a chance they will be acceptable, and accepted.

I swear I can see your deadpn deleivery even through the internet. Kudos on adding to the humour.

That plant is never going to:
...give you up.
...or let you down.
...never gonna run around and desert you.
...never gonna make you cry.
...never gonna say goodbye.
...never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

"Richard Astley" gave it away. I didn't need to click the link. ;)

I gotta admit you got me good! I was very excited about this new variety of Nepenthes. :-))

And I love that song anyway. So thanks.

Back