Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SSS's photo thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just some photo's I snapped today. First is of my repotted flavas (right) and leucophylla titan (left). I probably didn't need to repot the flavas this year but I did so I could get my dionaea akai ryu in its own pot and get the flavas in their own pot as well.

Next is off my Dionaea Akai Ryu. I cut off all the old leaves because they were browning up and I wanted light to get to the rhyzome for new growth. Also when I repotted I noticed a small new crown forming (not in the photo)

Next is my droser filiformis all red emerging from their hybernicula. RIP filiformis tracyi

Next is my newly potted Diana's delight. I got this last fall, I went to my local nursery after my parents told me they saw some plants that looked just like mine. I laughed because I knew they usually have very small plants, but much to my surpise this was bigger than all of my plants. I cut off the pitcher but it had maybe 2 inches on my titan :O Also next to it is my capensis, ventricosa, and truncata behind the ventricosa

And finally my drosera spathulatas. Just wanted to make a comparison to last august when I repotted them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. I have a lucophylla titan too. Love your ventricosa. I hope I get one one day. I have a big miranda too. I need to update my thread on it because it was going sideways too and I tied it to a small trellis and it's better now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagirion View Post
    Nice. I have a lucophylla titan too. Love your ventricosa. I hope I get one one day. I have a big miranda too. I need to update my thread on it because it was going sideways too and I tied it to a small trellis and it's better now.
    Yeah I was really disappointed with my titan last season, it sent up all small pitchers then sent up one big one during fall time just to tease me.

Yeah ventricosa's are extremely vigorous, more vigorous than my miranda so far. And I once read when the vine starts growing sideways it makes more growth points, which is exactly what happened. I'll have to take some better pictures of it tomorrow.

And I would love to see some of your pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I posted a pic of my miranda in the nepenthes forum. I think it's on page two now. I'll post a pic of it tied to the trellis soon. Perhaps tomorrow. I just posteda video you might like of some Sarracenias. I like my Titan. I hope it will make nice pitchers this year for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some new plants:
    2 Sarracenia purpurea. Looks like the rhizome was buried as the stem on the pitchers and the rhizome is completely pink, but I'm sure they will redden up very quickly.

3 Drosera adalae (top middle) small, but sundews are weeds aha
    2 Dionaea B52 plantlets (top right). I also stripped of a leaf when I was potting it up and decided to see if it roots. Probably won't but ohh well.
    2 Filiformis tracyi (Bottom right, in bottom left side of pot) taking the place of my old one

Finally a pitcher from the purpurea. It was already almost broken off so I cut it off just to make it look nicer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashman View Post
    Yeah, that's a N. ventricosa for sure... well for almost certain.

There is something wrong there with the N. sanguinea. Probably either pests or root rot or something. I would suggest making another thread and ask the experts for suggestions as to what it could be.
    I think, alternatively, that your sanguinea had a mutation in the growth tip, making all the growth after that point funky as it is. Seriously. Root rot or pests wouldn't cause this. Looks like your still getting significant "healty" growth, only it's deformed. No leaf elongation (mutation in the leaf elongating gene). Maybe if you cut off the weird growth below were it started, normal growth will come from the "non-mutant" tissue at the base.

Yeah, I seriously think that's what it is. I'm taking a genetics course right now, which obviously makes me an authority
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the adalaea that I recieved seems to be dying. Hopefully it will grow back from the roots or maybe from a lower point on the stem. Probably my fault for putting it in full blast sun.

The smaller purpurea I recieved is getting this weird brown color, but it's also turning red at some points, hopefully it pulls through:

The other purpurea seems to be taking a liking to it's new environment. Making it's beautiful red color.

Finally my Drosera Spathulata starting to show it's red color from being in full sun.

You can also see on the left the Filiformis tracyi and B52 that I got. The tracyi is putting out some new leaves which from my experiences with them they usually don't produce dew on leaves that were there before being shipped, however they start to thrive after they send out new leaves.

The B52 seems to be doing well, I already fed one trap yesterday and it closed very quickly. Also the leaf that I pulled looks the same as when I pulled it, still has a very bright green at the base so who knows maybe it will root.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New plants arrived today, got my doreen's colossus so I'm down to finding an Okee giant and then I will be set for this year.

Anyway here's two bare root shots. Interestingly it had new growth points sticking off the rhizome almost looked like teeth(Might have to zoom in to see them):

And other side showing main growth point:

All potted up:

And the nursery also gave me a free plant my choice of a typical VFT, pigmy sundew, or cape sundew. Here's the VFT I chose:

And potted up:

It's my biggest flytrap I have. Surprising for a free plant!

Anyway thanks for looking. Flavas are putting out some pitchers so I will probably update sometime next week with some photos of those.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast