Just some photos I took today:
Nepenthes Miranda. Has quite a few growth points. I got it last fall, finally got one in good condition. Has been growing in my window this winter so that's why it's growing sideways.
When I bought this from a local nursery it was labled as nepenthes rafflesiana. It started pitchering this winter(surprisingly since lower light levels), and looks more like a Ventrata.
Closeup of my biggest pitcher so far.
Cape sundew I bought from here. It is finally producing leaves the size they were when I got it. It also looks like it's flowering again.
Drosera spathulata. Last summer when I moved it outside it turned a nice red color, hoping for this again. This was my first plant I bought, it's been a beast, never stopped growing once. I need to repot it though still haven't done that yet.
Nepenthes Truncata(I think it's the highland one, whatever one is the slower growing one). Shrunk a bit since I got it, hopefully it gets some size back. Has been pitchering though every time so it's doing well.
Nepenthes Sanguinea. Was my other first plant. It was a monster but late last summer it started not forming leaves. If anyone knows what's going on let me know.
Okay now for the dorment stuff:
Sarracenia Alata and Drosera filiformis ssp tracyi. I got sent an alata by accident instead of flava from an ebay seller. It looks like it survived dormancy, hopefully it starts growing soon so I can find out for sure. The other plant (right) is my Tracyi. I kept it in the garage along with all the plants I really cared about. Unfortunately it doesn't look too good.
Sarracenia Flava. These two are questionable. The roots looked pretty good when I repotted them, and they still have some color. We'll see. I kept these two outside along with the Alata, and a purpurea which died.
Finally my two Flavas that I kept in my garage for dormancy. These ones didn't have any roots that looked too good(all orange), however the leaves all have good color, and the rhyzome was a nice bright white/pink. I was a bit scared when one started cracking, thought it might have dried out or something, but it looks like it's flowering as shown in the next picture.
Here is what I am assuming is where a flower is coming out. It was initially just a crack, however now it is starting to buldge out, like something round is inside, which I assume is a flower.
Anyway now for dormancy reporting. This year I was going to do an experiment. The plants I cared about in my garage, the plants I didn't outside. As I mentioned, the guy on ebay sent me an alata by accident, so when he sent me the right plant, flava, he kindly gave me 4. So I took half inside, and put half outside. I also took inside my filiformis tracyi, and a venus fly trap red dragon.
The stuff outside was planned on being an experiment, as last year all my mulched plants died. I had a theory on why they died which was that they were on a table, so they weren't really protected from the bottom. Also I wanted more wind protection, so I put them in an open bin, and then was planning on mulching them. I never got around to mulching them though. The stuff outside was two flavas, purpurea, and the alata Flavas were in the same pot, a thick 6" plastic pot, which might have helped. The Purpurea was from lowes, in a 4" square pot, and the alata was in a 4" circle pot. The purpurea was all browned up and rotting after dormancy, so no doubt it was dead. The flavas seemed to have survived, and the alata surprisingly seems to have survived too(it had the best looking roots of all my sarrs.
Now the stuff inside, the flavas looked great all over. The filiformis tracyi looked terrible after I brought it out of the garage, and the red dragon looked fine. However I think I made a mistake, that ended up killiing my red dragon, which was bringing them out in early march, and letting them out for the several freezes and thaws that followed. Both the red dragon and tracyi were in 3" pots, so their roots had very little protection. When I repotted my plants, the red dragon was all black, so I was sure it was dead. The tracyi had black roots, which as far as I know is normal, and I couldn't really tell if it was alive, it wasn't mushy or anything, so I repotted it just incase. The flava, which was in a thick 6" pot, didn't seem to mind the freezes at all. Perhaps the pot helped alot.
Anyway thanks for reading.