What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soopaman

Wants a Hamata
I finally bought a decent camera (Sony Cybershot DSC-WX9), and no longer have to use my cell phone to take pictures!

First, some of the dews, thanks to BaylorGuy for the D. collinsiae, D. aliciae, and D. hamiltonii:

D. collinsiae

d_collinsiae01.jpg

D. spatulata
d_spatulata01-1.jpg

D. aliciae
d_aliciae01.jpg

D. hamiltonii
d_hamiltonii01.jpg

And on to the pings:

P. laueana 'CP3'
p_launeaCP3.jpg

P. agnata 'Red Leaf'
p_agnataREDLOBE.jpg

And for my favorite, the nepenthes (some of them, at least)!

N. spectabilis x ventricosa
vent_x_spect01.jpg

vent_x_spect02.jpg

vent_x_spect_closeup2.jpg

vent_x_spect_closeup.jpg

N. aristolochioides x spectabilis
aristo_x_spect01.jpg

N. singalana 'Belirang'
singalana01.jpg

This is all for now folks, enjoy!

Last edited:
Wow, looks like an awesome setup. Any chance of a full shot? ^.^

Yes a full shot, please.
:spazz:

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Yes a full shot, please.
:spazz:

I second that notion! :grin:

It's unanimous, every man concurs! :awesome:

Not a problem, folks :D

These pictures are uploaded at full size, so just click and you should be able to zoom in a bit:

Small Tank:
10g_vivarium.jpg

10g_vivarium02.jpg

Large Tank:
big_vivarium01.jpg

big_vivarium02.jpg

That is way too awesome. Very well done, they're gorgeous.

Both tanks are looking really great Soopa! Looks like the moss is loving the mud background too! :)

I like your moss :)

Very nice tanks :) got any animals in there?

wow, I love your terrariums.

Looking terrific! I love your tanks, they're so lush and green.

BTW: I equally love your species spelling, of course if you leave it Joseph will most likely fix it.

spectalabis = spectabilis

aristolochiodes = aristolochioides <---- that's a tough one and you got it closer than I used to, so props anyway

:hail:

I wish I could have skills like this. I want something like this more than anything!! I'm truly jealous my friend.

Wow, everything looks great! Then the pictures of the full set up really blew my socks off. BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thanks fro sharing!

Looking terrific! I love your tanks, they're so lush and green.

BTW: I equally love your species spelling, of course if you leave it Joseph will most likely fix it.

spectalabis = spectabilis

aristolochiodes = aristolochioides <---- that's a tough one and you got it closer than I used to, so props anyway

Hahah, fixed. This is going to take some work to correct my pronunciation and spelling! I've been misspelling them for a while now, apparently. Thanks Dex :-D

:hail:

I wish I could have skills like this. I want something like this more than anything!! I'm truly jealous my friend.

Thanks mass! I don't know that I have a lot of growing skills, it just seemed to fall into place for these guys, or I have that mysterious green thumb folks talk about. This is the style I had imagined when you said you were making a "showcase", though (which I would love to see updates on :poke:

Wow, everything looks great! Then the pictures of the full set up really blew my socks off. BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thanks fro sharing!

Thanks so much Keith! I appreciate the comments. All my indoor stuff is looking good, but the neps I traded you for to put outdoors aren't faring as well.

Again, thanks for the nice comments everyone, I'm going to keep this as my main picture thread, and update it every so often.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Both tanks are looking really great Soopa! Looks like the moss is loving the mud background too! :)

Yeah, I am really glad the moss is doing well on it. It is growing a lot better than what I saw it doing outdoors.

I like your moss :)

Thanks, Thez! I like it too. All the moss on the walls is stuff I pulled from my front yard. It was growing around a cypress tree, and I felt it would look better in my vivarium! The sphagnum moss is stuff I got from trades and eBay. I find just keeping it wet, it grows like mad!

Sorry to hear the the new arrivals are not faring well, but after they get settled in they should do well for you.

Back