What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

True but nobody's close enough to come over. Like amph always goes to LA but won't even drop by here :ohno:

And I knoooow and I want a yard with a greenhouse. I should not buy more plants and save money for that :-))

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

very nice :)

thx! :awesome:

its a buyers market with record low rates hon

gentle nudge :)

8 hours of driving hell? i need an occasion...got anything exciting coming up?

its a buyers market with record low rates hon

gentle nudge :)

Heh, but who says I want to put roots down in So.Cal.? :lol: OMG I have to get myself either further north or East because it's sooo weird out here.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

8 hours of driving hell? i need an occasion...got anything exciting coming up?

Me :evil: I go and visit you guys in the Bay Area!

whenever i go down to LA, it's always because i have to do something...i've never gone for the heck of it...and plus, you went up to see us because we had that BACPS show and sale thingy going on. :-D so it wasnt just to see me IRL....

Well I guess I really *won't* go see you then if you're gonna be like that :lol:

Ok... I love summer because it's show time! Here's those pitchers opening up now for realz
N.hamata AW
P5250001-1.jpg

N.veitchii K EP
P5260005.jpg

N.ovata BE
P5260006.jpg

and still working on it N.veitchii x boschiana
P5260004.jpg

N.adrianii's still got teeth
P5260012.jpg

and some group shots of the little fellers
P5260007.jpg

P5260008.jpg

P5260009.jpg

So PURDY! :grin:

I just got back from San Diego. I had considered contacting you, but as it turned out I barely had enough time to see my family and go to my brother's wedding! Maybe next time. I'd have been intimidated by your massive collection anyway. :D

They're looking good!

Love the hammy profile :) The stripes on the ovata are so nice!

So PURDY! :grin:

Thanks! :grin:

I just got back from San Diego. I had considered contacting you, but as it turned out I barely had enough time to see my family and go to my brother's wedding! Maybe next time. I'd have been intimidated by your massive collection anyway. :D

They're looking good!

Oh, yeah next time, and thanks! I've had those trips too unfortunately. And don't be intimidated... it just means I don't know how to save my money :lol:

Love the hammy profile :) The stripes on the ovata are so nice!

Oh why thank you, I'm quite enjoying them too :p

Thanks! I think ovata, like petiolata, is commonly overlooked for just sheer gorgeousness! They're like veitchii and spectabilis' doppelganger/cousins. Whenever I'm contemplating if I want a new plant, I drop over to Nepenthes Around the House and go look at Joel's pictures because he's been doing it for so long that he has a couple different good clones. That's how I realized petiolata was a plant I absolutely needed :drool:

Your balcony is a wonderland :love:

And I love your pictures so hard and can't wait for the next update! :laaa:

Thanks :) We gotta get you out here some time so you can :laaa: in person.

Thanks!! We gotta get you out here too so that you can tell me what I'm doing wrong judging by just the volunteers in your pots let alone your plants :0o:

Thanks!! We gotta get you out here too so that you can tell me what I'm doing wrong judging by just the volunteers in your pots let alone your plants :0o:

You're obviously not spending enough on plants. What is that? The Lowe's Collection?

Ok.. packed a lot of stuff up today for the NASC, so that freed up some room to maneuver around and take some pics, and also repot some Heliamphora that needed it (omg poor ciliata, I'm so sorry for keeping you too dry..)

Here's my new H.nutans experiment - outside in San Diego in a saucer of water like the vft/dew/cobra minibog, because the pot was too big to fit in the terra:
P5280015.jpg

here's a pic of the H.chimantensis again for Butch... notice the luscious moss!
P5280023.jpg

and some volunteer dews in there
P5280024.jpg

the H.heterodoxa x nutans that just opened up
P5280022.jpg

some weeds in the minibog (cute ones at that though)
P5280026.jpg

and the peristomes of Nepenthes that just opened up a few days ago :awesome:
N.ovata
P5280019.jpg

P5280020.jpg

N.veitchii 'K'
P5280021.jpg

N.thorelli x campanulata getting some stripes too
P5280018.jpg

as well as N.((veitchii x maxima) x veitchii) x campanulata
P5280016.jpg

Back