What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh nice morning pics :)

Aww N.sibuyanensis x (spectabilis x aristolochioides) shows so much promise!

wow Thez...u got two hairy hamata? Damn!! Were they 200$/plant where you got them? In Canada each plant is 240$. Yikes!!

Everything looks awesome.....especially the N.veitchii x boschiana and S.minor. Your jingly bells are awesome too. :grin:

Oh nice morning pics :)

Aww N.sibuyanensis x (spectabilis x aristolochioides) shows so much promise!

Thanks! And I hope its new owner thinks so too :lol:

wow Thez...u got two hairy hamata? Damn!! Were they 200$/plant where you got them? In Canada each plant is 240$. Yikes!!

Yeah uh... I'm bleeding from the kidney I had to have removed to pay for them :lol:

Everything looks awesome.....especially the N.veitchii x boschiana and S.minor. Your jingly bells are awesome too. :grin:

Thanks!

---edit---
I don't love the Sarra bogs too often:
P6100001.jpg

P6100003.jpg

P6100004.jpg

P6100025.jpg

P6100026.jpg

Last edited:
How is my new stuff from over-seas and domestic going you ask? Here's updates!

Nepenthes ventricosa x hamata from seed BE
P6110009.jpg

N.ventricosa x hamata from seed BE, a fern from Exo, N.macfarlanei and in the back N.macrophylla from AW
P6110010.jpg

closeup of the N.macrophylla.. it has lost a lot of leaves, but is still alive and growing again
P6110011.jpg

rooted N.Peter D'Amato cutting... still no growth point :glare:
P6110012.jpg

rooted N.jamban cutting
P6110013.jpg

N.burkei AW
P6110014.jpg

N.hamata red hairy TC clone from BE growing again (the one I got in a month or two ago)
P6110015.jpg

N.tobaica AW
P6110016.jpg

N.rhombicaulis AW... this one looked bad when I first got it in, but I think it'll survive
P6110017.jpg

N.platychila that just opened up :p
P6110018.jpg

N.faizaliana AW
P6110019.jpg

N.clipeata clone 2 and N.muluensis with multiheads like a dragon :p
P6110020.jpg

N.inermis AW
P6110021.jpg

N.lowii up top and N.flava clone 2A both AW
P6110022.jpg

N.spectabilis x talangensis... it got sunburnt when I first got it, but now it's growing in ok
P6110023.jpg

...to be continued..

N.lowii x truncata wide peristome.. peristome lost its stripes because the whole thing just turned dark beet red :drool:
P6110024.jpg

N.jaquelinae x eymae working on a new leaf but still puny :(
P6110025.jpg

N.faizaliana MT... this one was touch and go for a while to see if the growth point would survive :eek:
P6110027.jpg

N.flava clone 2A from AW little plantlet that was in the same baggy. I think it may actually make it..
P6110028.jpg

N.Peter D'Amato with roots *and* a growth point
P6110029.jpg

N.aristolochioides AW
P6110030.jpg

N.doorman's top #1 from AW.. I think there's still a few growth points in there?
P6110031.jpg

..and now some older stuff, N.tenuis working on another pitcher (omg I might have 3 at one time now!)
P6110032.jpg

pygmy Drosera flower scapes
P6110033.jpg

P6110034.jpg

N.ventricosa x x trusmadiensis rolled back all the way... it's sooo gorgeous :drool:
P6110035.jpg

P6110036.jpg

accidentally ripped half the lid off of a sorta-opened BE N.villosa pitcher.. but it makes for a shot of the little teeth!
P6110037.jpg

...to be continued..

N.ovata now that it's rolled back all the way
P6110038.jpg

N.densiflora x truncata 'King of Clubs' still working on opening all the way
P6110039.jpg

Pinguicula pots
P6110040.jpg

P6110041.jpg

D.muscipula Royal Red
P6110042.jpg

D.m. Big Mouth and Drosera spathulata x capensis flower scapes
P6110043.jpg

Heliamphora tatei var neblinae x hispida nectar spoon on the pitcher that just opened up. I can't take any credit for growing this out because I've only had it a week or two I think, but I can take credit for not breaking it off :p
P6110044.jpg

D.muscipula Red Piranha
P6110045.jpg

Nepenthes xSong of Melancholy stripey peristome working on a new pitcher :drool:
P6110046.jpg

Last edited:
Your balcony must be such a sight to see!

Amazing plants! Gah, extremely jealous of your California climate - It's rained heavily here for the past 3 days, and I'm currently in bed trying to warm my feet up, and you can just grow all of these amazing plants outside!
Aside from the amazing neps, I love all of your different mini-bogs! It's a nice variety gong on there! :)

dang woman.... I just noticed your parking place. so how much are season passes?

zu.jpg

:0o:

Nice plants as always, and that N.lowii x truncata wide peristome really blows me away! :laaa:

@Butch....LOLZ....Zuzanaland would be awesome. :awesome:

You are growing vilosa outside???? Holly cow. Thought vilosa was an ultra highlander needing to get down to 50 at night??

Your balcony must be such a sight to see!

It is :awesome: I get all happy when I look out there!

Amazing plants! Gah, extremely jealous of your California climate - It's rained heavily here for the past 3 days, and I'm currently in bed trying to warm my feet up, and you can just grow all of these amazing plants outside!
Aside from the amazing neps, I love all of your different mini-bogs! It's a nice variety gong on there! :)

Thanks :) That's a bummer... I hate having cold feet and I absolutely despise rain for days :ohno:

dang woman.... I just noticed your parking place. so how much are season passes?

zu.jpg

:0o:

For you, $30 as a contributor to the conservatory collection :p

Nice plants as always, and that N.lowii x truncata wide peristome really blows me away! :laaa:

@Butch....LOLZ....Zuzanaland would be awesome. :awesome:

Thanks! Yeah... that plant really just... wow, didn't expect that one coming.

You are growing vilosa outside???? Holly cow. Thought villosa was an ultra highlander needing to get down to 50 at night??

I guess not... I've had the BE one for about a year now, and the AW one maybe half a year. Here's shots of both:

BE
P6100020.jpg

AW
P6100021.jpg

Awesome awesome plants! Fabulous

Dammed, that's an awesome ventricosa x TM. Still trying to get my hands on clone B.

Thanks :) Good luck Brokken.. I haven't seen one on the market since I bought mine ??? Mine's smallish too so I'm not in the position to trade, unless you've got sekrit pitopangii to trade ;)

Here's some views on two different plants' wee Darlingtonia pitchers:
P6120062.jpg

P6120063.jpg

P6120065.jpg

and the other plant.. decidedly redder, though it may be because it's smaller (and younger I guess)
P6120066.jpg

That car is over the line a little. I'd have it towed. :-))

:drool: your plants are looking so awesome! Great work :)

Wow, Zuzana, over 5100 people have been on your balcony; and your cigar-smoking neighbors are sure to complain . . .

Back