What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh so nice! I love theN. tenculata, I thought you said it wasn't purple?

The N. adrianii is very attractive indeed, more people should have one.

The N. densiflora x truncata is really beautiful, I really want one.

And the tenuis is just plain awesome!

Nice pics! Would you trade me your N. hamata for some of my Drosera capensis typical seeds?

Like your stands.. everything is looking really good.

The baby Cobra vs VFT one is indeed epic. :awesome:

Why thank you!! I hadn't noticed til I finished potting everything up, and then it was like 'aww you guys are duking it out :p'

Ohhh..everything looks pretty! :0o:

Thanks!

They're beautiful, I'm jealous, I want them

:) I want pics of your sarrs and the hamata and .... ::blahblah9xm:

Your burb is incredible! :0o:
Everything is just stunning and gorgeous and I love it!
:love:
:hail:

Oh why thank you miss :grin:

Love the white on the burbidgeae! So elegant.

Indeed.. I'm glad I gave it another shot a year later!

That N.tentaculata is AWESOMESAUCE! :hail:

If you can get your hands on one, I suggest you get one if you don't already have it... the thing will grow through 40F -> 100F :0o:

Oh so nice! I love theN. tenculata, I thought you said it wasn't purple?

The N. adrianii is very attractive indeed, more people should have one.

The N. densiflora x truncata is really beautiful, I really want one.

And the tenuis is just plain awesome!

I think the N.tentaculata is really a more dark red, but maybe it's just me?

N.adrianii really is gorgeous... from the day I got it, it was love at first sight!

And of course - you should acquire for yourself a N. densiflora x truncata!! Think of all the abuse I give my plants - now consider that the plant has pretty much a .75 : 1 pitcher to leaf ratio given 10% humidity during the day conditions for me. Imagine how it would do for you!!

And thanks, I love that N. tenuis so hard... I'm glad it's approaching summer so it can be awesomer! :awesome:

Nice pics! Would you trade me your N. hamata for some of my Drosera capensis typical seeds?

:lol: nope, don't have enough to share :p

Like your stands.. everything is looking really good.

Thanks!! I was hoping they'd make the place look classier, instead it just looks more cluttered :jester:

i rlly like your dew landscapes, i need to steal that idea :D
Can you put neps that need less light below the new stands ?

Oh yes, yes I can! I've got unrooted cuttings in water vases underneath them and it seems ideal for that! That and maybe those queensland dews too :scratch:

Anyway, after week away, here's some news!

Nepenthes truncata 'Queen of Hearts' x 'King of Spades'
P4220001.jpg

Stupid little lid syndrome, but a beast nontheless - I think the pitcher is as tall as the leaf is long!

Nepenthes ventricosa x x trusmadiensis - has stupid little lid too so I just cut it out of the photo :lol:
P4220002.jpg

Nepenthes platychila pitcher opened up while I was away. Smaller than the last, but still a decent finger's length :p
P4220003.jpg

looks like Nepenthes flava just opened up last night
P4220004.jpg

Nepenthes mikei working on new pitchers all the time... once it stopped threatening to die and aborting growth tip after growth tip for the first 6 months I had it, it's been doing great! :lol:
P4220005.jpg

Nepenthes tenuis open and gooey
P4220006.jpg

Nepenthes hamata from AW just opened up
P4220007-1.jpg

and Nepenthes hamata red hairy just did too
P4220008.jpg

here's a pygmy Drosera flower
P4220009.jpg

Sarracenia 'Umlauftiana'
P4220010.jpg

Sarracenia Oreophila
P4220011.jpg

Utricularia bisquamata that popped up out of nowhere, after a year of me not seeing *any* in with the Darlingtonia I had all last year and that forked dew
P4220013.jpg

..and in the same pot, Drosera filiformis filiformis unfurling
P4220014.jpg

and lastly a denizen of the window inside
P4220015.jpg

P4220016.jpg

Phalaneopsis speciosa C#1

Which pygmy was that?

Very nice thez, the N. tenuis is very very cute. The teeth on the N. hamata are so vicious :)

I had that one flower for me once, a few years ago. I'm hoping my currently colony will grace me with flowers.

Very nice thez, the N. tenuis is very very cute. The teeth on the N. hamata are so vicious :)

Oh why thank you because I've quite very proud of both!

I had that one flower for me once, a few years ago. I'm hoping my currently colony will grace me with flowers.

Hmm.. yeah I don't know what's the trigger because mine are outside grown so it's one or many of multiple factors. ???

I'm sure it's a variety of factors, many of which work against me, here in WNY. Sand Diego sounds more ideal. OTOH, the carburup, badgerup, palaecaeas, and a couple others have been blooming....

Ok, here's some more pygmy flowers and some newbies :p

(with my fingers for size... sorry bout my nails looking scraggly - had to clip them cuz I kept clawing myself :eek:)
P4230002.jpg

P4230003.jpg

Nepenthes clipeata clone 2
P4240004.jpg

the clone 2 isn't looking so hot, but clone U is still pulling through so far...

Nepenthes faizaliana with a basal :boogie:
P4240005.jpg

Nepenthes muluensis with more heads than I can count..
P4240006.jpg

Nepenthes flava clone 2A
P4240007.jpg

Nepenthes dubia Malea, Sumatra (SG, to go with its buddy the SG Talakmau one :boogie:)
P4240008.jpg

Nepenthes truncata reddish leaves
P4240009.jpg

Nepenthes inermis
P4240010.jpg

Nepenthes ventricosa
P4240012.jpg

(omg so much root(s) I had to wind them up in the 8" pot!!)

Heliamphora elongata
P4240013.jpg

Heliamphora exappendiculata
P4240014.jpg

Heliamphora hispida
P4240015.jpg

Last edited:
Ohh...Nice selection of awesome you got there. :)

Looking great! :)

I have to say though: Did you not say that the only good ventricosa was one with well-defined hips and no color on the pitchers (aka Porcelain) and that you wouldn't collect any other kind?

Ohh...Nice selection of awesome you got there. :)

Thx!! :)

Looking great! :)

I have to say though: Did you not say that the only good ventricosa was one with well-defined hips and no color on the pitchers (aka Porcelain) and that you wouldn't collect any other kind?

Thanks!!

...and yes, but this one looks close to my ideal and I absolutely LOVE that kind... here's what mine will look like in a few years (link pilfered from cpphotofinder): http://freespace.virgin.net/wb.sherren/DSCF6029a.jpg

:drool:

Did thez not also say that she was not going to purchase any more plants this year? I guess if you break the new years resolution once you might as well just let it flow. :-))

Awesome plants all around. It's interesting your N. faizaliana looks almost exactly like mine when I got it. With a basal and everything!

Did thez not also say that she was not going to purchase any more plants this year? I guess if you break the new years resolution once you might as well just let it flow. :-))

Awesome plants all around. It's interesting your N. faizaliana looks almost exactly like mine when I got it. With a basal and everything!

Yeah I've been bad :lol: oh well.. luckily I'm not bummed about it.

Thanks, and hmm.. must be his habit to send them with basals which I'm not sad about either!! :awesome:

Beautiful thez! The clipeata is sooo cute :)

Hmm that ventricosa looks like a normal red one, I think he just used the white one for show...

Nice set of newbies, good luck!

Beautiful thez! The clipeata is sooo cute :)

Hmm that ventricosa looks like a normal red one, I think he just used the white one for show...

Nice set of newbies, good luck!

Thx, I know it's too adorable!

It does look a little lighter than ventricosa red at this point, but of course the one I already had and this one have had different growing conditions. I hope it's the white one in the end though... like maybe those are more whitish uppers and what mine has now is more red lowers (like happens with flava maybe?).

Back