What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks!!! I'm sure yours look better than mine right now because I've got the worst infestations of bugs :cry:

...here's some stuff that doesn't look like sun-wilted grass-clippings :awesome:
N.truncata x campanulata
PB020016.jpg

N.xSplendiana x (xRokko x stenophylla) that I'm thinking about naming something like 'x Tubby'
PB020018.jpg

and the BE SG N.dubia from Talakmau has no pitchers, but the SG N.dubia from AW from Malea, Sumatra looks like this!!
PB020019.jpg

PB020020.jpg

N.adelae
PB020024.jpg

N.petiolata
PB020025.jpg

N.faizaliana MT clone
PB020026.jpg

N.xTriffid (just opened)
PB020027.jpg

PB020028.jpg

D.graomogolensis just kinda chugging along
PB020031.jpg

and a Ceph Vigorous shot... most of the other Cephs look like crap because of the mealies :cry: :spazz:
PB020032.jpg

(the others sorta look like this *sigh*
PB020033.jpg

PB020034.jpg

so medium ok but not so hot looking :down:)

Triffid FTW! :spazz:

Glad to see the N.eymae x jacquelinae is doing a good job for you. Love your veiichi K. But I most love your N.platychila. Why not use it to attend the monthly contest. Is it a special clone?

Yeah Triffid :love:

The platy is just a regular BE clone.. nothing special other than being a platychila :p And yeah - ey x jacq is slowly working its way on up to hopefully having mature lowers one of these days. The veitchii K is just :drool: whenever I look at it I can't believe that I'm actually growing something *that* nice!!

Oh Zu, all your pictures are just lovely!!! :-D

ohhh lovely graomo Zu, it looks like it is doing very well indeed

Looking good!

The ceph shot is sooo pretty the way the light is hitting it.. looking good thez!

Thanks guys, except for amph :p

I'm still trying to figure out how not to kill D.adelae... I think I've got the not-killing part down, but I haven't figured out how to make them look like they don't *try to* die yet :lol: At least it has dew on it!

Ok! Long time no update - weather's been kinda crummy and I got a new camera that I'm figuring out how to use. I might've posted some of these other places, but... I'll just post here too because it's applicable :) Without further ado, here's some pics!

n.sibuyanensis x hamata not really convincing me that it is in fact hamata and not talangensis pollen donor..
DSC_0024.jpg

some undergrowth indoors
DSC_0012-1.jpg

d.prolifera
DSC_0013-1.jpg

a fern I got from the esteemed exo
DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

the Frogface
DSC_0019.jpg

surprise orchid blooms
DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

N.macrophylla BE holding onto more than 2 leaves
DSC_0028.jpg

N.mikei and truncata QoH x KoS pitchers photobombing the N.tentaculata 'maroon spots' shot. I guess I should repot soonish because the live sphag has turned into dead sphag because of the neem..
DSC_0030.jpg

some shots of the dew/vft/cobra pot. the red is 'royal red' vft, the one in the background that's green is 'korean melody shark'
DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

intermedia x capillaris in this shot with the baby cobras
DSC_0036.jpg

another cobra poking its head out
DSC_0037.jpg

I think this one is spathulata x capensis
DSC_0040.jpg

here's that intermedia x capillaris again
DSC_0041.jpg

S.rosea luteolata
DSC_0043.jpg

S.umlauftiana
DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

S.flava ornata black veins semi dwarf
DSC_0051.jpg

and repotting stuff today, here's the bare-root N.ventricosa x ephippiata. Tough plant - barely had any roots after the rough repotting a year ago and now it just went into a 8" pot!!
DSC_0054.jpg

repotted lowii x truncata 'wide peristome' from EP in a 6" tall pot
DSC_0057-1.jpg

repotted villosa from AW in one of those small 4" or so orchid clear pots
DSC_0060-1.jpg

repotted spectabilis x truncata from Noa in Hawaii - outgrew the 4" pot to a 6" now since I got it.. maybe earlier this year? Those truncata crosses grow so fast with HUGE jumps in size when they're ready for it!
DSC_0061.jpg

randomly, N.xImmaculata (Sam Estes cross between ventricosa and thorelli x trusmadiensis) opened up a pitcher this week
DSC_0063.jpg

repotted the N.villosa from BE too - I guess this is sort of a horrifying picture for most people, but most of the substrate just fell off the roots so I got a really clean repot into a 6" pot
DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

And all of these were taken without auto-zoom :awesome:
The repots of things that were kind of small like the villosas was because their substrate had gotten just too slimy and green. Maybe the truncata crosses that went into 6" should have gone into 8" instead, but ... Im out of space again :lol:

Stunning plants and cute frog!

Nice pictures.
Too bad balconies are fake.

Stuff looks so good Zu...especially that villosa....sturdy little guy. :)

Great pics! I love the S.rosea luteolata. Looks almost like an albino purp.

Loving the villosa :D

Looking great, I'm loving the colour of the N.Sibuyanensis x Hamata even if its not every hamatary :)

Thanks guys!!! :-D

Everything looks quite happy! Pics look a ton better too. ;)

Yay! Great looking plants thez, it was taking a while ;)

Back