What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ohmygosh, Zu!!!!
Awesome shots!!! And everything looks so happy! :-D

I can tell that you're getting used to the new camera already. Tree frogs and geckos are difficult to photograph no matter who you are. My gecko rarely leaves the front of the terrarium, and is terrified of the big black box. The N. hamata x sibuyanensis is interesting. Never even heard of it before.

Thanks and yeah I love the camera!!

Here's some iphone pics... they're of my Lowland Terrarium which isn't really on the balcony... but those guys used to be on it :p
N.peltata.. struggling since I got it a year ago :ohno: but moved into the LL terra a week and a half ago
IMG_0952.jpg

N.hamiguitanensis enjoying the LL terra for the past week and a half too - guess I'm going to continue growing this guy lowland after this nice growth!!
IMG_0954.jpg

D.paradoxa continuing to do GREAT in the terra
IMG_0956.jpg

N.rafflesiana
IMG_0958.jpg

N.clipeata clone U finally doing something after 2 years of owning it :eek: DEFINITELY grow clipeata Lowland because it will hate you highland
IMG_0960.jpg

the other N.clipeata, clone 2 I think (I lost one last winter that was clone 3 I think, outside on the balcony :cry:) that I received earlier this year I think
IMG_0962.jpg

N.sp Doorman's top #2 from AW - it hates life no matter what temps so I might as well try it LL for a while :-))
IMG_0964.jpg

and the whole thing
IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

I'll be setting up a second one for the petiolaris dews I have coming in this week or next :awesome: OMG once you start one they just take over hahaha

So here's some other stuff - nabbed a variegated Phalaenopsis orchid at the grocery store - what a find!
DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023-2.jpg

The N.truncata QoH x KoS still making stupid little lids ._.
DSC_0035-1.jpg

a bunch of my cephs looking just... rotten :cry: because of mealies
hummer's giant
DSC_0036-1.jpg

typical
DSC_0037-1.jpg

squat
DSC_0038.jpg

double ribbed
DSC_0039.jpg

vigorous
DSC_0044.jpg

emu point
DSC_0045-1.jpg

german giant
DSC_0046.jpg

big boy
DSC_0058-1.jpg

Utricularia nelumbifolia has some more leaves on it now than earlier in the year with one leaf and a pile of flowers :lol:
DSC_0043-1.jpg

down the Brocchinia hechtioides
DSC_0048.jpg

Drosera graomogolensis
DSC_0047-1.jpg

Nepenthes aristolochioides the AW clone I have - still puny with little green pitchers :crap:
DSC_0050.jpg

some nice moss growing in a Nep pot
DSC_0052.jpg

and the Nep hamata I entered in POTM!!
DSC_0055.jpg

Nice! Good luck with the LL setup.

Wow! Those plants look amazing! :) That paradoxa is really something. Quite jealous of your sphagnum too. ;) Good luck with those cephs! The clipeata looks amazing. :D

:hail:

Oh and I almost forgot ...
N.boschiana x campanulata the latest pitcher
DSC_0008-1.jpg

a nice pygmy dew flower
DSC_0006-1.jpg

N.maxima x eustachya. :drool:
DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0011-2.jpg

DSC_0012-2.jpg

Wow that Hamata is looking great!! Im about to get a Clipatea clone U and I was wondering how do you keep it happy when winter is right around the corner?

Looking good Thez! It's good to see some of those Neps getting the lowland treatment finally. :lol:

Thanks guys! And um... the clipeatas are going to stay in the Lowland tank with the other heat-loving plants because I'm sick of losing things like N.pervillei to the cold :crap:

Wait, wait, wait, you got a variegated phaleneopsis at a grocery store?? Wow you're lucky!!!!

Ohh the hami is looking very nice! Also loved the D. paradoxa!

mike: yeah! even i was shocked i found it and its not just like plain old white blooms!

carn: thx :) the paradoxa is currently in bloom... at work where im not gonna be for 2 weeks :lol:

heres the noobs - eymae x (jacquelineae x izumiae)
DSC_0027.jpg

so im going to be away for a bit and i had surgery:
DSC_0028.jpg

so no pics for a while :down:

*sends her feel better chocolates and flowers*
*wistful swoon*
:down:

Aww nice noobies!

And good luck on your hand.

You're awesome!

Thanks guys :hug:

Looking back at the last page... LOVE that N. raff!

62 pages of an epic CP collection. Fantastic job, Zu! Your Nep collection just keeps growing. :D

where is the index of awesomeness?

:p

thanks guys :)

butch: no index for you. your life is too easy so im helping make it harder :p

That clipeata looks amazing....making up for lost time I see. ;)

Back