What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Righteous! Those plants are getting quite the California tan.

Aww, thanks guys! :hail:

Everything looks great. I love the mikei! Yet another one for the want / must have list....

Everything looks great. I love the mikei! Yet another one for the want / must have list....

Thanks! A lot of people say they have problems with mikei, and honestly for the first 8 months I had mine, it was threatening to die and had to activate a different growth point.. but after it settles in it grows like a weed. Just a heads up if you haven't had one before.

Here's more pics cuz it's a sunny day :awesome:

N.veitchii x boschiana finally opened up!
P6030001.jpg

P6030002.jpg

N.platychila's still working on it
P6030003.jpg

Cephalotus follicularis typical is making cute little pitchers after all of the winter leaves
P6030004.jpg

D.m. 'Royal Red' working on it too
P6030005.jpg

..in this minibog
P6030009.jpg

P6030014.jpg

and dinner in the other minibog
P6030008.jpg

P6030007.jpg

here's the pot of Drosera burmanii seed/sprouts from late last year
P6030006.jpg

ooh, and it figured that I did plant exo's present fern upside down :lol:
P6030011.jpg

I dumped the Utricularia nelubifolia seedlings into these two pots of flooded sphag because the clear RO was starting to get slimy/green
P6030012.jpg

The big pot to the right is Nepenthes briggsiana 'Peter D'Amato' and the smaller is a N.flava clone 2A AW

here are my cute new little pets :awesome:
P6030015.jpg

the bagged acclimating neps to the right of this shot
P6030010.jpg

and another shot of that gooooregeous N.veitchii K :love:
P6030013.jpg

I TOLD YOU YOU PLANTED THE FERN WRONG! :lol:

Beautiful plants as always Thez. ;)

Ohhhh my starsss :love:

The veitchii (k) :drool:

Everything looks so pretteh. :U

wow!! I love those neps. I am excited at the last minute I decided to get a lowii x truncata wide peristome. Looks amazing. :D Can almost imagine it being the classical lowii x truncata....maybe with a bigger peristome. That upper pitcher will be legendary..lol....damn!!!

Thanks guys!

And yeah... I'm hoping the lowii X truncata looks more like truncata...

Here's the rest of the Cephs for comparison at the end of the season:
'Vigorous'
P6040007.jpg

'German Giant'
P6040008.jpg

'Hummer's Giant' working on pitchers again!
P6040004.jpg

'Squat'
P6040005.jpg

'Double Ribbed'
P6040006.jpg

Wow...it's true, 'Vigorous' really is vigorous. ;)

Wow! Very nice. I wonder if the "double-ribbed" is the same I have . . .

BigBella: Likely... got it from Denis.

Did I ask you before btw, how long after getting AW plants should I wait before fertilizing? They're sort-of a sickly green color 2ish weeks after getting them and I desperately want to water with some ferts to give them a chance to look better. I still have them in semi-shade still so I don't fry them but I could move them to full sun (or as full as the other plants get) starting this week if that'll help them use up the fert.

Such cuties!!! :-D

So many cute ceph babies. I am waiting for their growing up :)

Vigorous definately is vigorous.

BigBella: Likely... got it from Denis.

Did I ask you before btw, how long after getting AW plants should I wait before fertilizing? They're sort-of a sickly green color 2ish weeks after getting them and I desperately want to water with some ferts to give them a chance to look better. I still have them in semi-shade still so I don't fry them but I could move them to full sun (or as full as the other plants get) starting this week if that'll help them use up the fert.

I start using ferts on all my new plants about 2 weeks after getting them, so I'm sure that would be fine. Also..I wouldn't start moving them to full sun untill you see some new growth start.

Although, my plants aren't AW plants, but still, the advice should be sound.

Back