What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice! It looks like the rearranging made everything look really tidy. Also, the weak have been thinned out and now those bad boys can look forward to the season being nicer to them. :)

Liz: thanks :-D

Dex: Hmm... true. Let the survivors thrive! :laaa:

Here's some more survivors... I didn't take a picture of it but I think the eustachya cross is on its last legs :crap:. ...anyway:

petiolata pitcher opened up
DSC_0001-4.jpg

the pings are still sitting there devouring everything
DSC_0002-4.jpg

the cobra and dew are still making friends
DSC_0003-3.jpg

Utricularia nelumbifolia's getting ready to open
DSC_0004-4.jpg

D.graomogolensis is still going strong - 3 weeks ago it was 40's at night. Yesterday it was 90 during the day... the thing is made of steel.
DSC_0005-3.jpg

vfts are waking up... here's Royal Red
DSC_0006-6.jpg

and some pics of the heated tanks - D.paradoxa. Sorry for the weird focus point :crap:
IMG_1237.jpg

D.lanata (I have two)
IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

D.ordensis... it had some strange mold or something so I sprinkled cinnamon on it... so it looks reaaaally weird. It's still asleep though..
IMG_1240.jpg

N.clipeata clone U is working on a beastly new pitcher to compete with the rafflesiana stealing the show
IMG_1241.jpg

and here's that whole Nep tank - the shorty in the middle is N.hamiguitanensis (sorry about my finger in the picture :lol:)
IMG_1242.jpg

@thez: get ready to wet it up when ordensis starts developing traps. when the traps start developing, that's when the plant is waking up. great work with everything!

I am quite jealous that you somehow are getting U. nelumbifolia to flower so well. I was just going through photofinder and I realized why you are so crazy about hamiguitanensis it sure is pretty. :)

Oooh, everything is looking great Zu, especially those dews! :love:

Dex: hami is divine :love: :hail:

Nice. That raff looks great. Wish mine would put out a pitcher.

Wonderful collection.

Thanks!!

dionae: mine always died til I put them in that terra. It's unheated but the bulb heats it to 80s-ish during the day, so I can't imagine given the small amount of mesh for air exchange with the outside world that it would get too far below 70 at night (I have no idea though); I assume the humidity thus is ridiculously high, and it's a 95watt equiv (I think.. 90-something) cfl daylight bulb that turns on at 0600 and off at 2100.

Very nice thez! I feel your little lid pain, because mine has been doing the same :(

Some of my plants have had the same issue. I've wondered if it might be caused by fertilizing them, because it seemed to happen to my plants after I put osmocote in thier pitchers. What are other people's experience?

Very nice Z. Love the petiolaris complex dews. Pings are looking great!

Thanks Crystal!

Thez - your balcony is truly a wonderland. Beautiful collection!

an orchid that just opened up
DSC_0003-6.jpg

DSC_0017-4.jpg

bromeliads
DSC_0004-7.jpg

DSC_0019-5.jpg

thor x campy pitcher (sorry can't get close :()
DSC_0020-3.jpg

lowii x truncata 'wide peristome'
DSC_0021-3.jpg

vent x x tm
DSC_0022-3.jpg

some more orchid buds... I think this is some tetraspis or something like that. (two of three queensland dews in the background, adelae & prolifera)
DSC_0016-4.jpg

Drosera in the petiolaris complex
DSC_0012-7.jpg

N.peltata left and N.hamiguitanensis right
DSC_0011-7.jpg

N.Doorman's Top 2
DSC_0010-6.jpg

N.clipeata clone 2
DSC_0009-5.jpg

and clone U
DSC_0007-6.jpg

the whole LL tank
DSC_0008-8.jpg

Last edited:
I love your peltata and hami!

Thanks!

Ohhh...Nice orchids, and those clipeata look so awesome now!

I really hope someone's got a peltata at the ICPS conference. Really digging those.

Back